Fatherless kids more likely to grow up aggressive Dec 5, 10:42 am
Washington, Dec 05 (ANI): While it is well known that mothers play an important role in the upbringing of their child, a new study has shown that the absence of a father during critical growth periods, leads to impaired social and behavioral abilities in adults.
Washington, Nov. 18 (ANI): A new research has revealed that toddlers are capable of knowing the meanings of words even in "socially impoverished contexts" where social or visual information is absent.
Parenting continues even after child turns 20 Nov 17, 1:22 pm
Sydney, Nov 17 (ANI): A new study has revealed that responsible parenting continues well into children's early adulthood, i.e their 20s.
Tips on being a perfect mum revealed Nov 11, 3:10 pm
New Delhi, November 12 (ANI): Parenting is the most important job in the world, as shaping up a life depends on it.
Tips on being `perfect dad` revealed Nov 10, 9:43 am
New Delhi, November 10 (ANI): Parenting is the most important job as it involves shaping up a life.
Washington, Nov 7 (ANI): A new study has suggested that mothers' friendships with other adults can impact their adolescent children's relationships with their own friends, particularly the negative aspects of these relationships such as conflict and antagonism.
Washington, Nov 1 (ANI): A study has found that parents who prioritize their children's well-being over their own are not only happier, but also derive more meaning in life from their child-rearing responsibilities.
How parents constantly embarrass kids with chat lingos Oct 30, 1:25 pm
London, Oct 30 (ANI): Parents have constantly made their offspring squirm, be it from chatting about sex to "getting down with the kids", a study has revealed.
50pc of kids have seen their parents drunk Oct 21, 12:12 pm
London, Oct 21 (ANI): A new study has revealed that almost half of 10 to 14-year-olds have seen their parents drunk.
Poor coping skills linked to kids' lower quality of life Oct 20, 9:36 am
Washington, Oct 20 (ANI): A new research has revealed that children who dwell on chronic stomach pain are more likely to have lower quality of life than kids with a better attitude.
Most parents unaware of kids' cyberbullying Oct 20, 9:36 am
Washington, Oct. 20 (ANI): A researcher has claimed that parents would be surprised by what their kids are doing on the Internet.
4 out of 10 parents feel out of touch with their children Oct 18, 11:16 am
London, October 18 (ANI): A new study has revealed that parents feel out of touch with the younger generation.
Why adults with depression struggle with parenthood Oct 16, 12:46 pm
Washington, Oct 16 (ANI): A new study has identified the symptoms of depression that are likely to cause difficulties with parenting, thus shedding light on the link between the two.
Childhood abuse linked to multiple health risks in adulthood Sep 27, 11:05 am
Washington, Sept 27 (ANI): A new study has revealed that the effects of childhood abuse and lack of parental affection can last a lifetime, effecting both emotional and physical health later in life.
Washington, Sept 27 (ANI): Russell Brand, who was recently photographed walking arm in arm with Jemima Khan, has been told that he is "not boyfriend material" by his multi-millionaire pal.
Read with your children to make their future brighter Sep 15, 1:20 pm
Washington, Sept. 15 (ANI): A new research has revealed that reading with young children and engaging them can make a positive impact on the kid's future and their family.
Shouting, cursing as bad as physical punishment for teens! Sep 5, 9:37 am
Washington, Sept. 05 (ANI): Use of harsh verbal discipline- defined as shouting, cursing, or using insults- may be just as harmful to the long-term well-being of adolescents as the physical punishing, a new study has revealed.
Why there can't be a general rule book for raising kids Sep 4, 10:24 am
Washington, Sept 04 (ANI): A new review of dozens of studies involving more than 14,600 pairs of twins showed that children's genetically influenced characteristics do affect parental behaviour.
Kids who are read to turn out to be less violent in adulthood Sep 3, 12:06 pm
London, Sept 3 (ANI): A former senior police officer suggests that children, who are read to as infants, are less likely to engage in violent crime when they are adults.
Hands-on dads make for super successful kids Sep 1, 11:20 am
Sydney, Sept 1 (ANI): Children with hands-on dads have better social skills, more successful relationships, stronger self esteem, more self-control and higher grades than those who do not, a new study suggests.
India News Slide Shows
- 'Self doubting' high-achievers may suffer from 'Imposter Syndrome'
- Oz condom ad banned for being 'too sexy' for TV
- Oz man's belly bursts after drinking beer from can he dropped in river
- American bourbon overtakes Scottish whiskey!
- Signs that suggest its time to 'take a break' from your relationship
- Why shopping can be a killer
- Children's films send mixed messages about eating habits and obesity
- Meet the Chinese man who 'cured' backache by walking in 200 kg shoes!
- Women satisfied with body image have happier relationships
- Tablet PC replaces bedtime book
- Indian-origin Counsyl co-founder Balaji Srinivasan steps up as Andreessen Horowitz' general partner
- 1 in 5 Americans will reach affluence in lifetime
- Coca Cola to debut new low-calorie Coke next year
- China's Xiaomi hires Google executive to boost overseas business
- Microsoft in talks buy stake in start-up networking site Foursquare
- There is more to Sharif-led Pakistan than meets the eye
- Somalian court sentences 19-year-old 'rape victim'
- Pak to fast-track IP gas pipeline project despite U.S. objections
- Princess Di's pal hits out at Scotland Yard for taking 'wild allegations' seriously
- Kate brings early Christmas cheer to kids at UK hospice
- 'Oldboy' director claims movie affected Josh Brolin psychologically
- Hollywood remake of South Korean film 'Oldboy' to release in India soon
- Amy Adams admits lesbian kiss with Jennifer Lawrence was 'emotional'
- Kim K receives flak for donating only 10 percent of 'charity auction' to typhoon victims
- Justin Bieber gets detained after drug search at Oz airport
- Experts say line between professional and personal life 'blurring'
- Wearing trainers at work may help you earn more respect
- It's official! Pregnant women do experience discrimination at work
- Working in groups 'makes people stupider'
- 'App Economy' credited with contributing nearly half a million jobs to US
- Scientists claim gophers behind mysterious Mima mounds
- How brain balances learning new skills while retaining old ones
- Researchers map underwater crater linked to dinosaur extinction 65 mln yrs ago
- Chronic stress' effects can be traced to your genes
- Overuse of toothpicks by ancient humans led to teeth infections
- Coldest spot on earth is in Antarctica with temperature below -92 degrees Celsius
- Clay mineralogy on Mars reveals new clues about Red Planet's past habitability
- New pics of nearby starburst galaxy M82 may help reveal why stars form where they do
- 'Incredible' image reveals over one billion stars in Milky Way
- Many billions of super-Earths may be orbiting red dwarfs in Milky Way