Depression among dads can affect quality of father-child interaction May 23, 11:50 am
Washington, May 23 (ANI): A father's depression can have tremendous effect on his young son or daughter, a new study has revealed.
London, May 19 (ANI): According to a new book, the idea that men are cutting back on work to help their partners with childcare is just a myth.
Put baby on back to sleep and on stomach to play May 19, 9:55 am
Washington, May 19 (ANI): A pediatrician has said that if infants don't spend time on their stomach, it will be much harder for them to push on their arms, which will not only delay rolling over but may also flatten the back portion of their skull.
Washington, May 10 (ANI): In today's day and age, an additional role that every mother should play is that of being a cyber-mother.
Huggies device sends tweet when baby wets diaper May 10, 1:03 pm
Washington, May 10 (ANI): Huggies has come up with a new product called 'TweetPee' that would send a tweet to the parents if their child has a wet diaper.
Many parents engage in multi-tasking while driving kids May 6, 2:02 pm
Washington, May 6 (ANI): Many parents are putting their children at risk while driving by engaging in distracting behaviors, according to a survey.
Over-protective parents trigger depression among teens May 3, 11:03 am
Sydney, May 3 (ANI): Teaching over-protective parents to control their emotions could be the key to preventing mental illness in their children, researchers have claimed.
Kids exposed to poor parenting likelier to get bullied Apr 26, 10:16 am
Washington, Apr. 26 (ANI): Children who are exposed to negative parenting, including abuse, neglect and even overprotection, are at higher risk of experiencing bullying by their peers, a research has claimed.
Charlotte tops as fav baby name Apr 25, 12:16 pm
Melbourne, Apr. 25 (ANI): Charlotte has claimed the title of being the most popular baby name.
Slapping or scolding kid doesn't lead to antisocial behaviour Apr 19, 1:11 pm
London, Apr 19 (ANI): Slapping a child to discipline is acceptable provided it is accompanied by love and affection, a new study has revealed.
New dads struggling to cope with childbirth Apr 15, 4:18 pm
London, April 15 (ANI): New fathers are being diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder after witnessing their partners having a difficult childbirth, according to a new study.
Missteps that stepdads should avoid Apr 9, 11:35 am
Washington, Apr. 9 (ANI): For a stepdad, it's one thing to win a woman's heart and another to win over her children.
13 best baby names of 2013 revealed Apr 8, 3:33 pm
Washington, Apr. 8 (ANI): Comic characters Bruce Wayne, Thor and actress Olivia Wilde have influenced some of the hottest, yet oddest, names in 2013.
Single parents 'still viewed negatively by society' Mar 31, 1:29 pm
Melbourne, Mar 31 (ANI): Self-esteem plays a key part in a single mother's happiness, but makes little difference to the life satisfaction of single fathers, a new study has found.
Telling tales can help children develop emotional skills Mar 28, 2:02 pm
Washington, March 28 (ANI): Mothers tell better, more emotional stories about past experiences which help children develop their emotional skills, a new study has found.
Timid parents blamed for kids' bad behaviour in classrooms Mar 25, 3:25 pm
London, March 25 (ANI): Teachers are blaming timid parents for breeding a generation of rowdy schoolchildren, according to a new survey.
Poor parenting makes kids aggressive Mar 24, 4:26 pm
London, March 24 (ANI): Children as young as five are resorting to violence in class as poor parenting leads to a rise in aggressive behaviour at school, according to a survey.
London, March 3 (ANI): Prents have turned to confiscating their iPads and smartphones of their children to punish them.
Why some fathers are left holding the baby Mar 13, 3:05 pm
London, March 13 (ANI): European scientists have found the answer to why, for some animals, it's the father rather than the mother that takes care of their young.
19 in 20 mums call themselves 'imperfect parent' Mar 9, 12:54 pm
London, March 9 (ANI): Only one in 20 mothers considers herself as a perfect parent.
India News Slide Shows
- Genetically modified purple tomatoes 'tastier and longer-lasting'
- Schools urged to provide 1 hour of daily physical activity to all pupils
- Virtuous people not happy all around the world
- Good negotiations come to those who wait
- People with high IQ better at blocking out distractions
- It's official! Money can buy you happiness
- Groom jailed for looting own wedding venue
- First edition of Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone fetches 150,000 pounds
- UK mayor 'drives' car through supermarket's front door
- Brazilian girl's bid to sell virginity now turns into reality TV series
- Happy marriage could lead to weight gain
- Chocolate themed ramp walk turns disaster after model's dress falls off
- 'Haunted house' listed on eBay for 1 euro
- Meet the UAE man who was deported from Saudi Arabia 'for being too handsome'
- Explicit film 'Paradise:Love' on female sex tourists cheered in Cannes
- China clears Boeing 787s for commercial service
- Cabinet approves proposal for creation of 20,751 additional posts in IT Dept
- ESPN lays offs some of its employees to control costs(Amended/ESPN Employee/Update)
- Rolex beats Apple to become Britain's most-loved brand
- Nepali Govt. to formulate new policy to boost domestic trade
- Russia rejects Paul McCartney's plea to free jailed Pussy Riot band
- 12-year-old US girl hangs herself following 'relentless cyber bullying'
- Sub-standard construction material led to Bangladesh building collapse, says govt report
- Ariel Castro 'not a monster', claims lawyer
- Asian-American leaders discuss immigration, civil rights issues in meeting with Obama
- Common childhood asthma found unrelated to allergens or inflammation
- Cinnamon compounds show promise against Alzheimer's
- Frequent heartburn linked to cancers of throat and vocal cord
- 'Third world' teens facing lifestyle risks of 'first world'
- Soy-based supplement reduces menopausal hot flashes, muscle and joint pain