New Delhi, Dec.5 (ANI): Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said the government will make an effort to evolve a political consensus on all bills tabled by it in Parliament.
New Delhi,Dec.5 (ANI): Responding to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi's criticism of the the government's Communal Violence Bill, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Thursday said it would be his endeavour to develop a broad-based consensus on the proposed legislation.
Ludhiana, Dec 5 (ANI): Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari has said that the UPA Government at the Centre has enacted various people friendly laws for the benefit of all sections of the society including the farmers.
Cabinet meet to discuss GoM recommendations on Telangana today Dec 5, 10:17 am
New Delhi, Dec.5 (ANI): The Union Cabinet will today discuss the Group of Ministers' (GoM) report on Telangana and the draft bill on the creation of the new state.
New Delhi, Dec. 5 (ANI): The Winter Session of Parliament will commence from today.
Jagan Reddy meets Jayalalithaa, Karunanidhi to seek support for united Andhra Pradesh Dec 4, 11:00 pm
Chennai, Dec.4 (ANI): YSR Congress Party chief Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy on Wednesday met Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa and DMK leader M Karunanidhi.
India, Egypt boost bilateral ties Dec 4, 11:00 pm
New Delhi, Dec.4 (ANI): Egyptian Foreign Minister Nabil Fahmy on Wednesday met the External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid to discuss key bilateral issues between the two countries.
Court grants one day remand to rape accused Sai Dec 4, 11:00 pm
New Delhi, Dec.4 (ANI) A Delhi court on Wednesday granted a one day transit remand to self styled Godman Asaram Bapu's son, Narayan Sai who has been accused of rape, as the court was not ready with the complete documentation.
New Delhi, Dec.4 (ANI): Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde on Wednesday said that the final meeting of the Group of Ministers (GoM), set up to look into bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, has taken place, and its recommendations will be discussed in the Cabinet tomorrow.
New Delhi, Dec.4 (ANI): Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde on Wednesday said that India and U.S are the leading targets of trans-national terror groups and crime syndicates.
NGO files complaint against former Justice Ganguly Dec 4, 9:23 pm
Kolkata, Dec. 4 (ANI): An NGO called Bharat Bachao Sangathan has filed a complaint against former Supreme Court Justice A.K Ganguly who has been accused of sexually harassing a law intern with a police station in Kolkata on Wednesday.
New Delhi, Dec.1 (ANI): The Election Commission (EC) on Wednesday said that polls in Delhi witnessed a record voter turnout of 65 percent so far, and it is likely to increase as polling still continues in several booths across the state.
Sharif's statement indicates terrorist organisations controlling Pakistan, says Tyagi Dec 4, 8:36 pm
New Delhi, Dec.4 (ANI): Reacting to Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's comment that if unresolved the Kashmir issue may lead to a fourth war between India and Pakistan, , Janata Dal United (JD-U) Party leader K.C Tyagi said Nawaz Sharif is acting on the instructions of the terrorist organizations controlling their nation.
Surrendering Maoists to get an extra amount: Bihar Govt. Dec 4, 8:36 pm
Patna, Dec.4 (ANI): Bihar Home Secretary Amir Subhani on Wednesday said the state government will provide an extra amount to Maoists who surrender with their weapons.
No scope of Pak winning a war in my lifetime: PM Dec 4, 8:10 pm
New Delhi, Dec.4 (ANI): Reacting sharply to Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's reported remark in Muzaffarabad that Kashmir is a flashpoint that could trigger a fourth war between India and Pakistan, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh firmly asserted that Pakistan has no scope of winning such a war.
Lord Buddha's relics symbolise peace: Arunachal Minister Dec 4, 8:10 pm
Tengapani (Arunachal Pradesh), Dec.4 (ANI): The 2,568-year-old relics of Lord Buddha arrived in the religious township of Chongkham in Lohit district of Arunachal Pradesh, predominantly inhabited by Mahayana Buddhists, on its third leg in the state here today.
New Delhi, Dec.4 (ANI): The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has claimed that Pakistan's Inter Services Intelligence ( ISI) and other agencies are funding activities of the Hizb-ul-Mujahideen in Jammu and Kashmir.
Patna, Dec.4 (ANI): A special National Investigation Agency (NIA) court placed two SIMI activists arrested from Chhattisgarh in connection with Bodh Gaya and Patna serial blasts in NIA remand for questioning for 13 days on Wednesday.
Delhi polls extended till 7:30 p.m. Dec 4, 6:56 pm
New Delhi, Dec.4 (ANI): The Delhi State Assembly polls has been extended till 7:30 p.m., as more than 1.2 lakh people are still reported to be standing in queue to cast their votes.
New Delhi, Dec.4 (ANI): Senior Bharatiya Janata Party leader Ravi Shankar Prasad on Wednesday accused both China and Pakistan of pursuing aggressive policies and mouthing views inimical to India's security and interests, which he described as extremely unfortunate.
India News Slide Shows
- 'Will try to evolve consensus on all bills during Parliament's Winter Session: PM
- PM to Modi: Will evolve broad-based consensus on Communal Violence Bill
- TRS calls for shutdown to oppose Rayala-Telangana proposal
- UPA Govt. has enacted various people friendly laws: Manish Tewari
- Cabinet meet to discuss GoM recommendations on Telangana today
- Winter session of Parliament begins today; 38 bills slated for passage
- Jagan Reddy meets Jayalalithaa, Karunanidhi to seek support for united Andhra Pradesh
- India, Egypt boost bilateral ties
- Court grants one day remand to rape accused Sai
- GoM recommendations on Telangana to be discussed in Cabinet tomorrow
- Kirti Azad hits out at Manish Tewari over his tweet criticising NDA regime
- NIA to continue probe against two Italian marines: SC
- Narendra Modi reveals secrets of social media success
- World's first surviving cloned buffalo delivers female calf in Karnal
- J-K wildlife authorities conduct census to protect endangered Hangul deer
- CISF constable kills fellow colleague at Delhi's Yamuna Bank Metro Station
- Sun-driven Ladakh
- Supreme Court extends ex-minister Sukhram's bail till August 7
- Narendra Modi reveals secrets of social media success
- India, Bangladesh reiterate commitment to strengthen co-operation on border related issues
- Asian students surpass American peers in science, math tests: Report
- Sharif warns delaying Kashmir dispute could lead to war with India
- Nelson Mandela 'on his death bed, but still a fighter', says family
- Kazakhstan celebrates Day of First President
- 3 men convicted for acid attack on Bolshoi Ballet's director Filin
- Original Han Solo blaster from 'The Empire Strikes Back' up for auction
- Paul Walker was a family man and good dad, says Dwayne Johnson
- Jack Whitehall takes dig at Nigella Lawson with cocaine joke at BFAs
- Ikram Akhtar set to mark directorial debut with 'India Mein Lahore'
- Heidi Montag reduces boobs from 'F-cup to C-cup'
- Climate change may trigger 'surprise shifts' risking human communities, warn scientists
- HIV antiretroviral therapy saved 2.8 mln years of life in South Africa since 2004
- New 'electronic diaper' could help aged people with incontinence
- Chronic stress' effects can be traced to your genes
- Overuse of toothpicks by ancient humans led to teeth infections
- Alzheimer's gene 'starts' changing brain patterns early in life
- 4pence-a-day BP pills can be effective in treating dementia
- Exercise can help dementia patients improve thinking abilities
- Actress Nandita Das joins hands with Save the Children to promote breastfeeding
- 'Third world' teens facing lifestyle risks of 'first world'
- 'Young' Milky Way star shone 100 times brighter while growing up
- Two 'dancing' black holes sighted at heart of remote galaxy
- Ocean below Jupiter's moon Europa's icy shell may have heat, energy to sustain life
- 'Incredible' image reveals over one billion stars in Milky Way
- Many billions of super-Earths may be orbiting red dwarfs in Milky Way