Congress to retain power in Mizoram Dec 9, 4:47 pm
Aizawl, Dec 9 (ANI): The ruling Congress is poised to win the Mizoram assembly polls, as it has won 17 seats so far in the 40 member state assembly.
New Delhi, Dec. 8, (ANI): Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Shazia Ilmi on Sunday said the AAP is thankful to god that they are inexperienced, and added that if having experience in political circles meant buying of votes and distribution of liquor, the AAP is certainly not in favour of such practices.
Gandhinagar (Gujarat), Dec.8 (ANI): Gujarat Chief Minister and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi boarded a chartered flight for New Delhi on Sunday.
Congress respects Delhi voters' decision: Sheila Dikshit Dec 8, 1:45 pm
New Delhi, Dec.8 (ANI): Outgoing Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Sunday said that the Congress Party respects the decisions of the voters' of Delhi, and thanked the people of the national capital for giving her party the chance to administer the city for 15 years.
BJP still leads, asks Congress to pack up Dec 8, 1:05 pm
New Delhi, Dec.8 (ANI): The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Sunday expressed its delight on it emerging victorious in at least three of the four states that had polls between November 11 and December 4, adding that this was a massive defeat for the Congress Party.
Modi a big factor in Rajasthan win: Vasundhara Raje Dec 8, 12:08 pm
New Delhi, Dec 8 (ANI): Jubilant over the Bharatiya Janata Party's impressive show in the Rajasthan assembly elections, chief minister aspirant Vasundhara Raje Scindia on Sunday said that party's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi's magic was dominating the poll results in all four states.
Jaipur, Dec 8 (ANI): Ashok Gehlot, the outgoing chief minister of Rajasthan, attributed the thorough rout of his party, the Congress, to a negative campaign by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
Assembly Polls: BJP leading in four states Dec 8, 11:26 am
New Delhi/Bhopal/Jaipur/Raipur, Dec.8 (ANI): As per figures appearing on the Election Commission's website at 10.50 a.m. on Sunday, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is leading in all four states where the counting of votes of recently held assembly polls is on.
Chhattisgarh election results: Congress leading in 36, BJP in 33 Dec 8, 10:21 am
New Delhi, Dec 8 (ANI): Early trends in Chhattisgarh show that the Congress is leading in 36 seats, while the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is ahead in 33 seats.
New Delhi, Dec 8 (ANI): While the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the Congress are in a close fight in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh. The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has taken lead in one seat in Narela seat in Delhi.
New Delhi, Dec. 7, (ANI): Bharatiya Janata Party's (BJP) Delhi chief ministerial candidate Dr. Harsh Vardhan on Saturday said the BJP is sure to win the Delhi assembly elections as people of Delhi have 'blessed them'.
New Delhi, Dec. 7, (ANI): The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the Congress on Saturday criticised the Samajwadi Party (SP) decision to give a ticket to criminal-turned-politician Atiq Ahmed from the Sultanpur constituency for the 2014 elections.
Lucknow, Dec.7 (ANI): Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday said the Samajwadi Party (SP) has kept the interests of sugarcane farmers in mind while taking decisions.
Mumbai, Dec. 7, (ANI): Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Yashwant Sinha on Saturday said a fault line had been created when there was a divorce between the Prime Ministership and the leader of a political party.
BJP attacks Congress over Anti-Communal Violence Bill Dec 7, 2:14 pm
New Delhi, Dec. 7, (ANI): The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Saturday criticised the Congress over the Anti-Communal Violence Bill, which is likely to be introduced during the Winter Session of Parliament.
BJP has approached AAP candidates: Manish Sisodia Dec 7, 2:06 pm
New Delhi, Dec.7 (ANI): Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) member Manish Sisodia said on Saturday that their party candidates might have been approached by Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) members with a mandate, which they have declined.
TRS calls for shutdown to oppose Rayala-Telangana proposal Dec 5, 10:43 am
Hyderabad, Dec 5 (ANI): Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) chief K Chandrashekhar has called for shutdown in the 10 districts of Telangana today against the proposed move of inclusion of districts from Rayalaseema in the proposed state.
New Delhi, Dec.4, (ANI): Delhi Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) chief Vijay Goel on Wednesday cast his vote, and said he has full confidence in the BJP getting an absolute majority in the Delhi Assembly elections.
New Delhi, Dec. 4 (ANI): Twenty-five to thirty per cent voting was reported till noon on Wednesday in the ongoing Delhi State Assembly elections.
Delhi Assembly Polls: Gandhi family casts their votes Dec 4, 12:56 pm
New Delhi, Dec.4, (ANI): Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday cast his vote at the Aurangzeb Lane polling booth.
India News Slide Shows
- Uncomfortable with current level of inflation: Raghuram Rajan
- Lokpal Bill not on Govt., Opposition's agenda: Anna
- Want Winter Session to be remembered for Lokpal Bill: Sushma Swaraj
- Matters of personal freedom should be left to individuals: Rahul Gandhi on gay sex
- Ex-home secretary R.K. Singh set to join BJP on Friday
- BJP rejects Lt. Governor's offer to form Delhi Govt. (Update/Lt. Governor/Harshvardhan/Meeting)
- Kamal Nath says Rajya Sabha will discuss Lokpal Bill on Friday(Update/Kamal Nath)
- Afghan President Karzai arrives in New Delhi
- Winter Session of Parliament won't be curtailed: Kamal Nath
- BJP leader Harshvardhan begins meeting with Delhi Lt. Governor(Update/Lt. Governor/Harshvardhan/Meeting)
- Kirti Azad hits out at Manish Tewari over his tweet criticising NDA regime
- NIA to continue probe against two Italian marines: SC
- Narendra Modi reveals secrets of social media success
- World's first surviving cloned buffalo delivers female calf in Karnal
- J-K wildlife authorities conduct census to protect endangered Hangul deer
- CISF constable kills fellow colleague at Delhi's Yamuna Bank Metro Station
- Sun-driven Ladakh
- Supreme Court extends ex-minister Sukhram's bail till August 7
- Narendra Modi reveals secrets of social media success
- India, Bangladesh reiterate commitment to strengthen co-operation on border related issues
- Prince Harry's ex blitzed him with calls and messages during Sandhurst stint
- Iran livid over Pak's lax border controls allowing terrorists into country
- 2013-14 best time for Pakistan-India peace process: Bejan Daruwalla
- Former US actress admits to sending ricin to Obama, Bloomberg
- Brit man pleads guilty to terror charges in US