New Delhi, May 25 (ANI): The Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) has announced its first list of 44 candidates for Delhi's 12 constituencies, months before the city-state faces assembly elections. Prominent members Manish Sisodia and Shazia Ilmi have made it to the shortlist.
New Delhi, May 24 (ANI): The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Friday said that a special investigation team (SIT) should be formulated to probe the spot-fixing accusations, currently gripping the money-spinning cricket league.
SAD-BJP alliance scripts historic win in Punjab panchayat polls May 22, 1:28 pm
Chandigarh, May 22 (ANI): The ruling Shiromani Akali Dal-BJP combine has gained majority in the Zila Parishad and Panchayat Samiti elections in Punjab.
Polling for Panchayat Samitis, Zila Parishads underway in Punjab May 19, 11:11 am
Amritsar, May 19 (ANI): Polling for 146 Panchayat Samitis and 22 Zila Parishads is taking place under full security arrangements here today.
Karnataka Cabinet to be expanded May 18, 9:24 am
Bangalore, May 18 (ANI): Karnataka Chief Minister K. Siddaramaiah will expand his ministry on Saturday, amid demands that "tainted" legislators be kept out.
Tirath calls for re-doubling IBSA efforts to increase women's participation in socio-eco development May 16, 3:38 pm
New Delhi, May 16 (ANI): Women and Child Development Minister Krishna Tirath on Thursday called for re-doubling India, Brazil and South Africa (IBSA) efforts to increase women's participation in socio-eco development in these countries.
Itanagar (Arunachal Pradesh), May 16 (ANI): Polling for Panchayat elections and the first time municipal elections began across Arunachal Pradesh at 7 a.m. this morning.
Siddaramaiah to be sworn-in as Karnataka CM today May 13, 10:01 am
Bangalore, May 13 (ANI): Siddaramaiah, who led the Congress party to victory in the assembly elections in Karnataka, will take oath as the 22nd chief minister of the state today.
New Delhi, May 12 (ANI): Activists of the Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM), the student wing of the opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) staged vociferous protests outside Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's official 7, Racecourse Road residence on Sunday.
BJP 'cautions' newly-appointed Rail, Law Ministers May 11, 5:32 pm
New Delhi, May 11 (ANI): Despite the Congress-led UPA Government dropping Pawan Kumar Bansal and Ashwani Kumar from the Union Cabinet and giving the additional charge of Railway Ministry and Law Ministry to C. P. Joshi and Kapil Sibal, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Saturday said the changes of faces as such doesn't really assure the people of India on the issue of corruption, and it would now prefer a wait and watch approach.
New Delhi, May 11 (ANI): Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) President Rajnath Singh on Saturday asked Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh to step down from his post following the resignations of his two 'tainted' ministers Pawan Kumar Bansal and Ashwani Kumar.
New Delhi, May 11 (ANI): President Pranab Mukherjee as advised by Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh has accepted the resignations of Pawan Kumar Bansal and Ashwani Kumar with immediate effect
New Delhi, May 11 (ANI): Senior Congress leader Digvijaya Singh hailed the decision taken by the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi to oust cabinet ministers Pawan Kumar Bansal and Ashwani Kumar, post 'railgate' and 'coalgate' scams.
Newly elected Karnataka Congress MLAs meet today to elect leader May 10, 11:41 am
Bangalore, May 10 (ANI): Karnataka's newly elected Congress legislators will meet here today to elect their leader.
New Delhi, May 9 (ANI): Former Karnataka Chief Minister B.S. Yeddyurappa on Thursday rubbished speculation that his newly-floated political outfit Karnataka Janata Party (KJP) helped the Congress to register a thumping victory in the state.
BJP corners UPA, demands Law Minister's resignation May 8, 5:32 pm
New Delhi, May 8 (ANI): The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday lashed out at the Congress-led UPA Government after the Supreme Court expressed concern over Centre's interference in CBI probe in coal scam and other cases, and demanded the resignation of Union Law and Justice Minister Ashwani Kumar.
New Delhi, May 8 (ANI): With the Congress emerging as the single-largest party in the Karnataka assembly polls, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Wednesday sharpened his attack on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, touted by many to be the BJP's prime ministerial candidate in 2014.
BJP has suffered an innings defeat: Kamal Nath May 8, 1:35 pm
New Delhi, May 8 (ANI): Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath on Wednesday called the Congress Party's resounding win in Karnataka an "innings defeat for the BJP".
Karnataka's victory is a moment of pride: Sheila Dikshit May 8, 1:16 pm
New Delhi, May 8 (ANI): With the Congress emerged as a single-largest party in Karnataka assembly polls, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Wednesday said winning with an absolute majority is a matter of pride for us.
New Delhi/Nagpur, May 8 (ANI): Congress Party general secretary and spokesman Janardan Dwivedi on Wednesday said that emerging results and leads in the Karnataka state assembly elections reflected the public's rejection of the policies being pursued by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) over the previous five years.
India News Slide Shows
- Chhattisgarh Naxal attack: Congress leader VC Shukla remains critical, say doctors
- Omar Abdullah condemns Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh
- Chhattisgarh Naxal attack: Manmohan Singh, Sonia reach Raipur to assess situation
- Chhattisgarh Naxal attack: Injured VC Shukla airlifted to Gurgaon's Medanta hospital
- Chhattisgarh Naxal attack: Kidnapped State Congress chief and son found dead, toll reaches 27
- Army chief to undertake four-day visit to France from today
- Narendra Modi calls for zero tolerance policy toward Naxalism
- Govt. will take firm action against perpetrators of violence of any kind: PM
- Rahul Gandhi visits injured Congress leaders, activists in Raipur hospital
- Sonia Gandhi describes Chhattisgarh Maoist strike as an attack on democracy
- Kirti Azad hits out at Manish Tewari over his tweet criticising NDA regime
- NIA to continue probe against two Italian marines: SC
- World's first surviving cloned buffalo delivers female calf in Karnal
- J-K wildlife authorities conduct census to protect endangered Hangul deer
- Odisha Law Minister resigns after dowry charge, claims innocence
- CISF constable kills fellow colleague at Delhi's Yamuna Bank Metro Station
- Sun-driven Ladakh
- Supreme Court extends ex-minister Sukhram's bail till August 7
- India, Bangladesh reiterate commitment to strengthen co-operation on border related issues
- MEA denies media reports on Chidambaram's absence to receive Sheikh Hasina at Teen Bigha
- RIL-BP make gas discovery in KG-D6 block
- News Corp. Board approved company's split into two public traded entities
- Japan's ORIX announces capital participation in major Mongolian financial firm
- Rolex beats Apple to become Britain's most-loved brand
- Nepali Govt. to formulate new policy to boost domestic trade
- Athletes join bombing victims to reclaim final mile in Boston Marathon
- Pak could plunge into 'deeper chaos' following US go-slow on drone strikes: Report
- 13-year-olds subjected to grueling questions for Eton scholarship
- Ariel Castro 'not a monster', claims lawyer
- Asian-American leaders discuss immigration, civil rights issues in meeting with Obama
- Cop sexually harassed me and lied about bong toss, tweets Amanda Bynes
- Kim K's long lost cousin living on 90 pounds a month in remote Turkey village
- 'Trying to level genders is purely idiotic', says Roman Polanski
- RiRi's dad wants her to get back with Chris Brown
- Miley Cyrus shows off body in revealing one-piece for comeback song
- Understanding job commitment may lead to better correctional staff members
- People who are anxious perform poorly at job interviews
- Choice of transport to workplace depends on where one lives
- Working in groups 'makes people stupider'
- 'App Economy' credited with contributing nearly half a million jobs to US
- Diet soda habit as bad for teeth as meth or cocaine addiction
- Asthma symptoms impair sleep quality and school performance in kids
- Five cups of coffee per day can be lethal
- 'Third world' teens facing lifestyle risks of 'first world'
- Soy-based supplement reduces menopausal hot flashes, muscle and joint pain
- New space stethoscope helps assess astronauts in noisy spacecrafts
- Lost Apollo 11 moon dust found in California lab warehouse
- Earliest light in universe since Big Bang measured for 1st time
- 'Incredible' image reveals over one billion stars in Milky Way
- Many billions of super-Earths may be orbiting red dwarfs in Milky Way