Charkha celebrates its 19th founder's day Dec 8, 10:26 am
New Delhi, Dec 8 (ANI): Charkha Development Communication Network felicitated writers from Ladakh and Jammu with the "Sanjoy Ghose Media Fellowships" on the occasion of its 19th founder's day function.
Imphal, Dec. 4 (ANI): India's Look East policy has brought cheer to its northeastern states, as trade and cultural ties with neighbouring countries are getting stronger.
Dimapur, Dec 4 (ANI): Celebration is a way of life for the people in the northeast. Recently, the Garo community in Nagaland celebrated the Wangala Festival in Dimapur with great enthusiasm.
Guwahati hosts boxing tournament to encourage young pugilists Dec 4, 11:39 am
Guwahati, Dec. 4 (ANI): The success of Mary Kom, Shiva Thapa and Devendro Singh in the boxing arena has motivated northeast youngsters to take up boxing as a career.
Guwahati hosts Young Leaders Connect Conference Dec 4, 11:39 am
Guwahati, Dec. 4 (ANI): In order to highlight rich prospects of development in the northeast and to discuss various issues concerning the region, young achievers gathered at a conference here recently.
Learning to fight the world in Kargil Nov 28, 11:00 am
Kargil, Nov 28 (ANI): Saida Banoo, a sixteen-year old Blue Belter, has been learning Taekwondo for the last five years. Nothing exceptional for a metropolitan reader but the context changes if Saida is a girl residing in Kargil, a region that remains cut-off from the world for six months, a place where girls have remained confined to their homes for several decades and have now taken on the fight, against all the odds, to set a mark in education, employment and sports.
Specially abled ahead in the Special Race Nov 27, 11:24 am
Jammu, Nov 27, (ANI): Eighteen-year old Rakesh, scrambling with last-minute preparations for his visit to Australia, is simultaneously trying to answer the questions being thrown at him about his special journey. The calm confidence in his voice leaves everyone astounded when they realize that he is perhaps the only specially abled boy in the entire history of Jammu region to be selected for the Special Olympics.
Traditional festivals bring together people of the Northeast Nov 25, 2:31 pm
Shillong/ Kohima, Nov 25 (ANI): The northeast is home to a number of tribes, each with their unique festivals. Recently, in Nagaland and Meghalaya, people came together to celebrate harvest festivals with gaiety and enthusiasm.
New Delhi, Nov 25 (ANI): The Tamchon Football Tournament, an annual event, is being held in New Delhi.
IITF 2013 showcases rich traditions, culture of northeast Nov 25, 2:31 pm
New Delhi, Nov 25 (ANI): The ongoing India International Trade Fair (IITF) 2013 in New Delhi provides a global platform for craftsmen and entrepreneurs from different states of the country. Many artisans from the northeast are using the opportunity to expand their market.
India, Bangladesh vow to fight militancy and cross-border crimes Nov 25, 2:31 pm
New Delhi, Nov 25 (ANI): India and Bangladesh not only share a long border, but also have close bilateral ties. Recently, home ministers of both countries met in Tripura where they expressed their commitment to promote growth, and fighting militancy together.
Rajouri District (J-K), Nov.22 (ANI): Breaking out of their shell, girls are now looking beyond their rooms to educate themselves in co-education schools in militant-ravaged Kashmir.
Assamese village benefits from welfare schemes Nov 18, 2:09 pm
Jorhat, Nov 18 (ANI): Improving lives of the rural population is one of the top most priorities of the government. Several welfare schemes have been launched to achieve this goal.
Carnival showcases culture of northeastern region in Delhi Nov 18, 1:19 pm
New Delhi, Nov 18 (ANI): The northeast has a rich and diverse culture. To raise awareness about it, various festivals and fairs are held across the country on a regular basis.
Mr. Manipur contest attracts large crowds in Imphal Nov 18, 11:48 am
Imphal, Nov 18 (ANI): The 47th "Mr. Manipur contest" and the 5th Women's Fitness Championship, which was held here recently, attracted large crowds in Imphal.
Manipur's Kut Festival sends out message of peace and harmony Nov 13, 1:15 pm
Imphal, Nov. 13 (ANI): The Kuki, Chin and Mizo tribes recently came together in the hill districts of Manipur to celebrate 'Chavang-Kut', the autumn post harvest festival, with great enthusiasm and happiness.
Music concert spreads awareness among youth about drug abuse Nov 13, 12:52 pm
New Delhi, Nov 13 (ANI): Music over the years has acted as an effective tool to create awareness.
Delhi hosts northeast fashion festival Nov 2, 2:54 pm
New Delhi, Nov 2 (ANI): The second edition of the "Northeast Fashion Fest", which showcased the creativity of budding fashion designers of the region, was recently held in Delhi.
NSUD celebrates 50th year of its existence in Delhi Oct 28, 3:22 pm
New Delhi, Oct 28 (ANI): The Naga Students' Union Delhi (NSUD) recently celebrated the 50th year of its existence in the national capital with enthusiasm and gaiety.
Imphal, Oct. 28 (ANI): In an endeavor to strengthen brotherhood and unity among various tribes and communities in the region, 'Mera Hou Chongba' festival was recently celebrated in Manipur.
India News Slide Shows
- Global Buddhists come to Bodh Gaya for peace conference
- Siliguri residents hold tree wedding for environment conservation
- Models flaunt trendy hairstyles on Mumbai runway
- Congress will analyze, correct its mistakes: Janardhan Dwivedi
- Polls show people have rejected Rahul and Sonia: Gadkari
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan welcomes MP's decision, eyes 2014 general elections
- This is a victory for the people of New Delhi: Kejriwal
- BJP set to form govt. in Delhi
- Delhi has voted against 15 years of Congress' misgovernance: Vijay Goel
- AAP cut Congress votes that helped BJP secure seats: Shakeel Ahmad
- Kirti Azad hits out at Manish Tewari over his tweet criticising NDA regime
- NIA to continue probe against two Italian marines: SC
- Narendra Modi reveals secrets of social media success
- World's first surviving cloned buffalo delivers female calf in Karnal
- J-K wildlife authorities conduct census to protect endangered Hangul deer
- CISF constable kills fellow colleague at Delhi's Yamuna Bank Metro Station
- Sun-driven Ladakh
- Supreme Court extends ex-minister Sukhram's bail till August 7
- Narendra Modi reveals secrets of social media success
- India, Bangladesh reiterate commitment to strengthen co-operation on border related issues
- Correct balance must between three organs of govt for sustainable growth: Chidambaram
- Chinese-made Christmas goods dominating Indian markets
- No need to celebrate if growth jumps from 4.4% to 4.8%: Sinha
- Yahoo acquires online live concert service Evntlive
- China's Xiaomi hires Google executive to boost overseas business
- Princess Di's pal hits out at Scotland Yard for taking 'wild allegations' seriously
- Kate brings early Christmas cheer to kids at UK hospice
- China's top legislature opposes Japanese resolution on new air defense zone
- Nelson Mandela 'on his death bed, but still a fighter', says family
- Kazakhstan celebrates Day of First President
- Soha Ali Khan loves street fashion over runway styles
- Kelly Clarkson's hubby responds to 'cheating rumors' on Twitter
- Tom Hanks reveals being fan of 'Doctor Who' during childhood
- Kim K receives flak for donating only 10 percent of 'charity auction' to typhoon victims
- Justin Bieber gets detained after drug search at Oz airport
- Frequent shopping linked to longer lifespan
- Cell phone use linked to anxiety, lower grades and less happiness in students
- Corn oil better at cutting cholesterol than extra virgin olive oil
- Chances of conceiving through IVF 'dwindle' after age 37
- Emerging bird flu strain still far from affecting humans
- Rainbow-flag themed 'gay-friendly' Christmas lights cause outrage in Rome
- Father-son escape 100-pound fine claiming snail ate their tax disc
- Latest accessories trending this season revealed
- Has elusive Loch Ness Monster finally been filmed?
- Meet the dog trainer who can teach pooches to operate iPads