Saudi cleric says using air-conditioners by women 'immoral' May 22, 12:59 pm
Washington, May 22 (ANI): A self-proclaimed Saudi cleric said that if women turn on air-conditioners at home in their husband's absence could lead to moral depravities.
London, May 22 (ANI): One of Iran's most reform-minded presidential candidates has been barred from contesting next month's presidential election.
4 killed, 68 wounded in bomb attacks in Iraq May 21, 4:35 pm
Beijing, May 21 (Xinhua-ANI): At least four people were killed and 68 others wounded in deadly bomb attacks in war-torn Iraq on Tuesday, police said.
U.S. condemns Hezbollah's intervention in Syrian conflict May 21, 1:25 pm
Beijing, May 21 (Xinhua-ANI): The United States on Monday denounced Hezbollah for siding with the Syrian government forces in their battle against the rebels in Syria's central city of al-Qussair.
9 killed, 53 wounded in attacks against mosques in southern Iraq May 21, 12:10 pm
Beijing, May 21 (Xinhua-ANI): At least nine people were killed and 53 others wounded in bombing attacks against two Shiite mosques in Iraq's southern city of Hilla on Monday, a police source said.
Khurshid to undertake two-day visit of Saudi Arabia from May 25 May 20, 8:38 pm
New Delhi, May 20 (ANI): External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid will undertake a two-day visit of Saudi Arabia on May 25 and 26, at the invitation of Saudi Arabian Foreign Minister Prince Saud Al-Faisal.
Syria army regains large part of strategic al-Qussair city May 20, 2:52 pm
Beijing, May 20 (Xinhua-ANI): The Syrian army on Sunday launched a wide-scale operation to recapture the border city of al-Qussair near Lebanon, and has regained large swathes of the strategic city, local media reported.
Iran executes two alleged spies May 20, 12:47 pm
London, May 20 (ANI): Iranian authorities have executed two men after they were charged and convicted for spying Israel and the United States.
Sydney, May 19 (ANI): Iran has reportedly gone into 'internet coma' by tightening internet controls ahead of next month's presidential election, mindful of violent protests inspired last time around over claims of fraud.
Saudi clerics blame Twitter for 'immoral souls' May 19, 4:04 pm
Washington, May 19 (ANI): A leading senior religious clerics in Saudi Arabia has said that Saudi citizens using Twitter will risk damnation.
Johannesburg, May 19 (ANI): Syrian president Bashar Assad has said that claims of the West that the Syrian government used weapons of mass destruction against its countrymen are nothing but a pretext for waging war against Syria.
Suspected U.S. drone attack in Yemen kills 4 Al Qaeda militants May 19, 10:54 am
Washington, May 19 (ANI): A suspected American drone attack has reportedly killed four Al Qaeda militants in the southern province of Yemen according to security officials.
Saudi woman creates history by reaching Mount Everest summit May 19, 10:18 am
London, May 19 (ANI): A Saudi woman has become the first female from the country and the youngest Arab to reach the summit of Mount Everest - the world's highest mountain.
Russia defends arms sales to Syria May 18, 2:35 pm
London, May 18 (ANI): Russia has defended its arms sales to Syria, saying it is for purely defensive purposes.
UN agency says 1.5 mln people have fled from war-torn Syria May 18, 1:19 pm
London, May 18 (ANI): The United Nation's refugee agency has said that more than 1.5 million people have fled the conflict in Syria.
15 killed, 57 wounded in bombings in Baghdad May 18, 10:36 am
Beijing, May 18 (Xinhua-ANI): At least 15 people were killed and 57 others wounded in three roadside bomb attacks on Friday in Iraq 's capital city of Baghdad, a police source said.
Iran council cleric says 'woman on ballot' not 'approved by law' May 17, 3:08 pm
London, May 17 (ANI): Iran's constitutional body, the Guardian Council, has ruled out women's participation in presidential elections as candidates.
Washington, May 17 (ANI): A new video has emerged on the Internet showing a Syrian rebel leader summarily executing a line of kneeling soldiers loyal to President Bashar al-Assad regime with bullets.
KFC meals smuggled into Gaza strip via tunnel from Egypt May 16, 4:53 pm
London, May 16 (ANI): The only refuge for KFC lovers in the Gaza strip is to get the food delivered via tunnels linking the besieged land to Egypt.
Washington, May 16 (ANI): An al Qaeda-linked militant cell had planned to carry out suicide attacks on the French and US embassies in Egypt.
India News Slide Shows
- 12 killed, 17 injured as bomb hits security vehicle in SW Pakistan
- Lydia Davis pips Indian writer U.R. Ananthamurthy to win Booker International Prize 2013
- South African MP says Prez Zuma root cause of 'Guptagate'
- Sonia Gandhi, Nooyi among Indians in Forbes world's top 100 'Most Powerful Women List'
- Angela Merkel tops Forbes 'Most Powerful Women' list for third successive year
- North Korea sends envoy to China
- Pakistan: Blasphemy conundrum
- Brit MPs spend over 250000 pounds on booze
- Pakistan one of world's most 'negative' nations: Poll
- Captain of ill-fated Costa Concordia to face trial for manslaughter
- World's first sex school opens in Austria
- Male tourists faint on kissing breasts of sex workers in Phuket
- Blair 'knew WMD threat from Libya was more serious than Iraq prior to Gulf war'
- Docs reveal 'normal' penis size to stop dangerous enlargement procedures
- Mutassim Gaddafi remained defiant of "petty" rebel captors till death
- Israel demands action against 26/11 Mumbai terror attack perpetrators
- India working actively for integration with ASEAN, says Manmohan Singh
- Pak PM has right to sack Defence Secretary: PML-N
- Maid assaulted by Strauss-Kahn speaks about incident in black mega church
- Chinese man, 80, diagnosed with HIV through 'frequent unprotected sex'
- Global obesity epidemic linked to addiction to unhealthy food
- Chemicals in plastics linked to elevated blood pressure in kids and teens
- Daily dose of calcium helps women live longer
- 'Third world' teens facing lifestyle risks of 'first world'
- Soy-based supplement reduces menopausal hot flashes, muscle and joint pain