John McEnroe says tennis officials should abandon doubles format Dec 8, 10:21 am
London, Dec 8 (ANI): Ex-world number one John McEnroe believes doubles in tennis should be axed, according to reports.
500-mln-dollar revamp of Billie Jean King National Tennis Center to start in February Dec 4, 12:20 pm
New York, Dec 4 (ANI): The 500 million-dollar revamp of the Billie Jean King National Tennis Center begins in February, and will continue on and off while the site plays host to the US Open, according to reports.
Sydney, Dec 3 (ANI): Australian tennis player Bernard Tomic has defended getting a lap dance at schoolies week, saying he was simply enjoying himself.
Bangkok, Nov 30 (ANI): India's Sanam Singh and Vishnu Vardhan have made their way into the quarterfinals of the Toyota Asian Tennis Championship at Bangkok, Thailand.
Washington, Nov 29 (ANI): The Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) has recognized the French Open semifinal encounter between Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic as the Best Grand Slam Match of the Year.
Washington, Nov 29 (ANI): World No.1 Rafael Nadal's coach and uncle Toni Nadal has said that winning the Australian Open would be the biggest challenge for the player in 2014.
Johannesburg, Nov 27 (ANI): Former Romanian world number one Ilie Nastase has said that seven-time Wimbledon Champion Roger Federer can play until he is 60 if he wants to.
Washington, Nov 26 (ANI): Former World No.1 Maria Sharapova will play her first match since August when she takes on Serbian player Ana Ivanovic in Bogota, Colombia next week in an exhibition match.
Murray favourite to win BBC Sports Personality of the Year award Nov 26, 8:58 am
London, Nov 26 (ANI): The British media has claimed that Wimbledon Champion Andy Murray will start as one of the shortest-priced favourites when the 10-strong shortlist for the BBC Sports Personality of the Year is announced on Tuesday.
Serena Williams named 2013 WTA Player of the Year for fifth time Nov 23, 9:30 am
Johannesburg, Nov 23 (ANI): World No.1 Serena Williams has warned the rest of the women's tennis that there is more to come from her after being named WTA Player of the Year for the fifth time overall.
Washington, Nov 22 (ANI): Russian tennis star Maria Sharapova has chosen former Dutch player Sven Groeneveld as her new coach, whose 20 odd years experience on both the ATP and WTA tours has been notable.
Djokovic beats Nadal in Chile exhibition match Nov 22, 2:52 pm
Washington, Nov 22 (ANI): World No.2 Novak Djokovic has scored yet another win over World No.1 Rafael Nadal in an exhibition match in Chile.
Tomic warms up for the Australian Open with lap dancers Nov 22, 8:59 am
Sydney, Nov 22 (ANI): Australian No.1 tennis player Bernard Tomic has been photographed enjoying a lapdance from two ladies at a Gold Coast nightclub as continued helping celebrate Schoolies week.
Washington, Nov 21 (ANI): The coach of American tennis ace Serena Williams has hailed her motivation for work as the main reason behind her impressive comeback to the sport after sinking to 175 in world and losing in the 2012 French Open first round.
Johannesburg, Nov 21 (ANI): Britain's Chris Kermode has been appointed as the head of international men's tennis in his role of the president of the ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals).
Murray back on tennis court for first time since back surgery Nov 20, 9:30 am
London, Nov 20 (ANI): Wimbledon Champion Andy Murray has posted a picture showing him practicing on a tennis court in Miami, raising hopes that he is on the road to recovery after back surgery.
Nadal maintains top spot on ATP men's tennis rankings Nov 19, 2:33 pm
Johannesburg, Nov 19 (ANI): Spanish tennis ace Rafael Nadal has maintained his position on top of the newest men's tennis rankings issued by the ATP.
Czech Republic beats Serbia to defend Davis Cup title Nov 18, 9:08 am
Johannesburg, Nov 18 (ANI): The Czech Republic have retained the Davis Cup after Radek Stepanek swept past Serbian youngster Dusan Lajovic in the decisive fifth final rubber in straight sets on Sunday.
Johannesburg, Nov 17 (ANI): The Czech Republic got within a point of defending their Davis Cup title as the Serbian pair of Ilija Bozoljac and Nenad Zimonjic went down to Czechs Tomas Berdych and Radek Stepanek in Saturday's doubles in Belgrade.
WADA says Djokovic `clueless` over its anti-doping procedures Nov 16, 10:21 am
Washington, Nov 16 (ANI): World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) president John Fahey has said that he does not think Serbian tennis player Novak Djokovic has the faintest idea what his organization does.
India News Slide Shows
- Liverpool boss Rodgers says wouldn't swap 'priceless' Suarez for 'anyone'
- Mourinho insists Chelsea 'in trouble' after 'shock' Stoke City defeat
- Australia moves in on second Ashes victory in Adelaide
- Brit media says `only astonishing choke` can take away Ashes urn from Oz
- Tim May terms 'corruption' as 'single greatest danger' to game of cricket
- Stewart says roles of Johnson, England's batsmen 'have completely reversed' in three years
- Oz media brands third day of Adelaide Test as one of 'terror' rarely seen before
- Kiwi media says 'greedy Indian match-fixers' are 'true enemies' of cricket
- Barmy Army set for friendlier 'Barmy Glee Club' transformation
- Bollinger credits 'hard work, old-fashioned enjoyment' for resurgence as pace ace
- Boyle reveals Queen volunteered to appear in Bond Olympics sketch
- Arthur has 'no regrets' over 'disciplinary breach' suspension of Oz quartet from Mohali Test
- Amir Khan to 'pop question' to his student girlfriend in 2012
- Andy Murray and Novak Djokovic's ladyloves to battle it out at Australian Open
- Amir Khan buys 100K pounds ring to propose to sweetheart Faryal Makhdoom
- Betting on Tendulkar's 100th international century crosses Rs.2 billion mark
- Smartphone app allows watching football matches minutes after game commencement
- Oz head cricket coach Arthur confident of win over Kiwis, without star players
- Natasha Giggs suffers nip-slip during flirtatious cuddle with Kirk Norcross
- Shahid Afridi set for Royals return
- Correct balance must between three organs of govt for sustainable growth: Chidambaram
- Chinese-made Christmas goods dominating Indian markets
- No need to celebrate if growth jumps from 4.4% to 4.8%: Sinha
- Yahoo acquires online live concert service Evntlive
- China's Xiaomi hires Google executive to boost overseas business
- Princess Di's pal hits out at Scotland Yard for taking 'wild allegations' seriously
- Kate brings early Christmas cheer to kids at UK hospice
- China's top legislature opposes Japanese resolution on new air defense zone
- Nelson Mandela 'on his death bed, but still a fighter', says family
- Kazakhstan celebrates Day of First President
- Soha Ali Khan loves street fashion over runway styles
- Kelly Clarkson's hubby responds to 'cheating rumors' on Twitter
- Tom Hanks reveals being fan of 'Doctor Who' during childhood
- Kim K receives flak for donating only 10 percent of 'charity auction' to typhoon victims
- Justin Bieber gets detained after drug search at Oz airport
- Frequent shopping linked to longer lifespan
- Cell phone use linked to anxiety, lower grades and less happiness in students
- Corn oil better at cutting cholesterol than extra virgin olive oil
- Chances of conceiving through IVF 'dwindle' after age 37
- Emerging bird flu strain still far from affecting humans
- Rainbow-flag themed 'gay-friendly' Christmas lights cause outrage in Rome
- Father-son escape 100-pound fine claiming snail ate their tax disc
- Latest accessories trending this season revealed
- Has elusive Loch Ness Monster finally been filmed?
- Meet the dog trainer who can teach pooches to operate iPads