Whatmore 'not concerned' by Pak failure to win Tests May 24, 9:52 am
Karachi, May 24 (ANI): Playing down Pakistan's inability to win any Test matches since he took over, coach Dav Whatmore has said that losing four Tests out of six in the last 12 months was 'not a concern'.
London, May 24 (ANI): Former England captain Ray Illingworth has said that although bowling star James Anderson is the best swing bowler in the world now, but his former teammate and Yorkshire legend Fred Trueman was far better.
New Delhi, May 23 (ANI): International Cricket Council (ICC) has withdrawn umpire Asad Rauf from officiating in the Champions Trophy, which is slated to start from June 6.
Veteran Vettori set for 'positive' Test comeback against England May 23, 6:06 pm
Headingly (Yorkshire, UK), May 23 (ANI): All signs are pointing to veteran left-arm spinner Daniel Vettori playing his first test for New Zealand after a gap of ten months.
Chennai, May 23 (ANI): Media reports on Thursday said that Mumbai Police has set a deadline of Friday for Gurunath Meeiyappan, Principal Chennai Super Kings (CSK), to present himself for investigations in connection with spot-fixing in the Indian Premier League (IPL).
Johannesburg, May 23 (ANI): Outgoing South African coach Gary Kirsten has said that he wants to leave his post with a 'bang' by winning the upcoming ICC Champions Trophy.
IPL spot fixing: Police enter Gurunath's residence in Chennai May 23, 3:51 pm
Chennai, May 23 (ANI): Mumbai Police have finally entered the residence of the Principal of Chennai Super Kings, Gurunath Meiyappan. Gurunath is the son-in-law of N. Srinivasan, President of the Board of Cricket Control in India.
IPL spot fixing: State police arrests 10 bookies from Kolkata May 23, 3:51 pm
Kolkata, May 23 (ANI): Kolkata Police arrest ten bookies on Thursday from Kolkata, according to media reports. They will now be produced in the Sealdah court today.
Sydney, May 23 (ANI): Australian Test cricketer Phillip Hughes has said that English county mentor who reinvented him as a Test batsman will play a key role in his preparation for the Ashes.
Proteas back Steyn to be better than 'more skillful' Anderson May 23, 3:22 pm
Johannesburg, May 23 (ANI): South African cricketer Dale Steyn's Proteas team mates have backed him to better than England pacer James Anderson, despite England's bowling coach David Saker saying the latter is "more skillfull".
IPL spot-fixing: Mumbai Police in Chennai to quiz BCCI chief's son-in-law Guru Meiyappan May 23, 1:50 pm
Chennai, May 23 (ANI): Mumbai Police reached Chennai Thursday with the objective of questioning Chennai Super Kings 'principal' Gurunath Meiyappan, the son-in-law of team owner and Board of Control for Cricket in India president N Srinivasan, in connection with the Indian Premier League (IPL) spot-fixing scandal.
Sydney, May 23 (ANI): Australian cricketer Usman Khawaja has said that he is often misunderstood by some in the Cricket Australia hierarchy, saying that he will prove them wrong by proving himself on the field and bringing home the Ashes.
Clarke 'not worried' by England's 'winning' performance against Kiwis in first Test May 23, 12:49 pm
Sydney, May 23 (ANI): Australian captain Michael Clarke has said that he is not worried by the fact that England's highly rated swing and seam bowlers demolished New Zealand for just 68 this week.
Oz pace battery 'fired up' to snatch back Ashes urn from England May 23, 11:50 am
Sydney, May 23 (ANI): Australian bowler James Pattinson has said that the team's bowling attack are fired up to snatch the Ashes from England and are backing themselves to get the job done.
Sydney, May 23 (ANI): Australian under-15 girls team coach Em Preston has said that more girls will look forward to pursue a career in cricket in the near future following Cricket Australia's (CA) decision to introduce pay hike in the new funding scheme.
CA chief Sutherland says IPL 'not a concern' for Oz Ashes bid May 23, 11:19 am
Sydney, May 23 (ANI): Cricket Australia (CA) chief executive James Sutherland has said that Australia's Ashes bid in England will not be compromised by the Indian Premier League (IPL).
'Angered' Harris calls for ban on 'crooked' spot-fixing players for turning cricket into 'joke' May 23, 10:43 am
Sydney, May 23 (ANI): Australian paceman Ryan Harris has said that cricketers found to be indulging in spot fixing should be banned for life and wiped from record books for turning the game into a 'joke'.
Kiwi keeper Watling ruled out of Headingley Test with knee injury May 23, 10:07 am
Sydney, May 23 (ANI): New Zealand wicketkeeper BJ Watling has been ruled out of the second and final Test against England at Headingley starting from Friday because of a knee injury.
'Penitent' Warner fined 5750 dollars by CA for Twitter rant May 23, 9:47 am
Sydney, May 23 (ANI): Australian Test cricketer David Warner has copped a 5750-dollar fine from Cricket Australia for his Twitter rant controversy.
Kiwis warn 'starry-eyed' Root not to get carried away by 'adulation and familiarity' at debut Headingley Test May 23, 9:14 am
London, May 23 (ANI): Upcoming England batsman Joe Root has been warned to expect a fiery attack by the New Zealand side in the middle as they look to ruin his first homecoming at Headingley.
India News Slide Shows
- Whatmore 'not concerned' by Pak failure to win Tests
- Former England skipper Illingworth says 'Fiery Fred' Trueman better than Anderson
- ICC withdraws Asad Rauf from Champions Trophy because of spot-fixing allegations
- Veteran Vettori set for 'positive' Test comeback against England
- Welbeck to boost goal count under new boss David Moyes
- Hamilton hopeful for 'best chances' at Monte Carlo despite tyre troubles
- IPL spot fixing: Mumbai Police issues summons to CSK boss Gurunath Meiyappan
- Petra Nemcova goes bra-less on return to modeling
- Tamara Ecclestone opens up about relationship with new beau
- 'Retiring' Kirsten hopes to 'go out with a bang' with Proteas' Champions Trophy win
- Boyle reveals Queen volunteered to appear in Bond Olympics sketch
- Arthur has 'no regrets' over 'disciplinary breach' suspension of Oz quartet from Mohali Test
- Andy Murray and Novak Djokovic's ladyloves to battle it out at Australian Open
- Amir Khan to 'pop question' to his student girlfriend in 2012
- Amir Khan buys 100K pounds ring to propose to sweetheart Faryal Makhdoom
- Betting on Tendulkar's 100th international century crosses Rs.2 billion mark
- Smartphone app allows watching football matches minutes after game commencement
- Oz head cricket coach Arthur confident of win over Kiwis, without star players
- Natasha Giggs suffers nip-slip during flirtatious cuddle with Kirk Norcross
- Shahid Afridi set for Royals return
- Global obesity epidemic linked to addiction to unhealthy food
- Chemicals in plastics linked to elevated blood pressure in kids and teens
- Daily dose of calcium helps women live longer
- 'Third world' teens facing lifestyle risks of 'first world'
- Soy-based supplement reduces menopausal hot flashes, muscle and joint pain