2013 one of warmest years till date Nov 14, 1:35 pm
London, Nov 14 (ANI): The World Meteorological Organization has revealed that this year is likely to be among the top 10 warmest on record.
Washington, Oct 26 (ANI): New research from Japan brings hope of a new treatment for asthma patients resistant to corticosteroids.
Potential stem-cell treatment may harbour cure for stroke Oct 26, 11:03 am
Washington, Oct 26 (ANI): A team of researchers has taken an important step towards a treatment for stroke, caused by a blood clot blocking a blood vessel in the brain, using stem cells.
Indian women think innovations are for our betterment Oct 20, 12:10 pm
Science behind hatred revealed Aug 27, 10:01 am
Washington, August 27 (ANI): Researchers have uncovered the reason behind some people disliking everything while others liking everything.
Information teleported in electronic circuit for 1st time Aug 15, 3:32 pm
Washington, August 15 (ANI): Researchers have managed to teleport information from A to B, for the first time in an electronic circuit, similar to a computer chip.
Breakthrough in memory technologies to revolutionise computing Aug 15, 3:32 pm
Washington, August 15 (ANI): In order to achieve a substantial improvement in computation speed, scientists are racing to develop smaller and denser memory devices that operate with high speed and low power consumption.
Smart-window technology could help cut cooling cost Aug 15, 3:32 pm
Washington, August 15 (ANI): Researchers have designed a new material- a thin coating of nanocrystals embedded in glass- that can dynamically modify sunlight as it passes through a window.
Washington, August 1 (ANI): Researchers including an Indian origin have identified an entirely new approach to enhance normal tissue growth.
Santaís workshop at North Pole not yet `swimming pool` Jul 31, 10:55 am
Washington, July 31 (ANI): Recently, an image of Arctic showing a lake at North Pole captured lots of attention, but researchers have said that it is not extreme.
False memories implanted into mice Jul 26, 9:17 am
Washington, July 26 (ANI): Researchers have implanted false memories into mice, which could possibly help understand the human phenomenon of 'recalling' experiences, which never occurred.
Had a bad nights sleep? blame the full moon Jul 26, 9:17 am
Washington, July 26 (ANI): Scientists have found new evidence linking lunar cycles to human sleep behaviour.
Tropical ecosystems emit carbon dioxide when temperatures rise Jul 25, 4:28 pm
Washington, July 25 (ANI): Researchers have found that tropical ecosystems can generate significant carbon dioxide when temperatures rise, unlike ecosystems in other parts of the world.
Mirror, Mirror on the wall Iím the fairest of them all Jul 25, 2:45 pm
London, July 25 (ANI): Japanese researchers have developed a system, which is capable of manipulating your emotions and personal preferences by presenting you with an image of your own smiling or frowning face.
Happiness peaks in 20s and 60s Jul 25, 12:51 pm
New York, July 25 (ANI): People are happiest around age 23 and then again around age 69, a new study has revealed.
Meet zonkey, hybrid of zebra and donkey Jul 25, 12:14 pm
New York, July 25 (ANI): A zebra mated with a breed of endangered donkey to produce a love child like no other in Amiata, Italy.
Planning to lose weight? Stay away from temptations Jul 25, 9:51 am
Washington, July 25 (ANI): A new study suggests that avoiding temptation may increase your chances of success if you are planning to lose weight or save for the future, than just relying on willpower alone.
Now, patch that makes you invisible to mosquitoes Jul 24, 1:04 pm
Washington, July 24 (ANI): A patch that is being hailed as the new age product of mosquito prevention has been developed.
Soon, drugs to starve cancer to death Jul 21, 10:05 am
London, July 21 (ANI): Scientists believe that cancer could be cured by starving tumours to death.
Financial arguments early in marriage precursor to divorce Jul 13, 10:56 am
Washington, July 13 (ANI): A new study has revealed that early financial arguments among married couples can be a predictor of divorce.
India News Slide Shows
- Multiple mates increase reproductive success for female prairie dogs
- Rising ocean acidification leading to anxious fish
- New affordable way to stabilize hemoglobin discovered
- Carbon monoxide can help amplify effectiveness of chemotherapy
- Dementia sufferers set to treble by 2050
- Asthma takes toll on play, sex and work: Study
- Soon, 'biopen' that will help draw new bones to repair damaged ones
- 'Alzheimer's drug to be developed within five years'
- Why better sunscreens are needed
- New studies aim to improve women's sex lives after menopause
- New technology can print 3D blood vessels in mere seconds
- Seawater desalination 'could help overcome world's water shortage'
- Simple urine test detects how prone you are to kidney disease
- New computer programs help map vast networks of brain cells quicker
- Good cardiovascular health can help improve hearing
- Indo-Pak trade turnover improves to $2.5 bn
- China Mobile signs deal with Apple to offer iPhones on network
- Sensex up over 400 points; reclaims 21K-level as exit polls predict BJP win
- China's Xiaomi hires Google executive to boost overseas business
- Microsoft in talks buy stake in start-up networking site Foursquare
- George H.W. Bush wears socks printed with image of his own face
- Pak high court dismisses Musharaf's petition challenging special court for high treason
- Resolving Mumbai attack case would be in Pak's interest: Hina
- Nelson Mandela 'on his death bed, but still a fighter', says family
- Kazakhstan celebrates Day of First President
- Kimye planning wedding at Palace of Versailles in France
- Ben Affleck says Batman will be older and wiser in 'Man of Steel' sequel
- James Blunt confirms Carrie Fisher to star in Star Wars Episode 7
- Ikram Akhtar set to mark directorial debut with 'India Mein Lahore'
- Heidi Montag reduces boobs from 'F-cup to C-cup'
- Researchers mystified over plasma loss mechanisms from Saturn's magnetosphere
- Astronomers glimpse infrastructure of Gamma-ray burst jets
- Giant Magellan telescope's third mirror set to be unveiled
- 'Incredible' image reveals over one billion stars in Milky Way
- Many billions of super-Earths may be orbiting red dwarfs in Milky Way