Sun-like stars with large starspots can experience superflares May 13, 2:58 pm
Washington, May 13 (ANI): A team of astronomers has used the High Dispersion Spectrograph on the Subaru Telescope to conduct spectroscopic observations of Sun-like "superflare" stars first observed and cataloged by the Kepler Space Telescope.Full Story »
Washington, May 13 (ANI): Weather on Earth is way better that on some alien worlds, because as per a new report, there the daily forecast is cloudy, overcast skies in the morning and scorching heat in the afternoon.Full Story »
Dark material from Jupiter's moon Europa possibly sea salt May 13, 9:38 am
Washington, May 13 (ANI): A new NASA research has suggested that the mystery dark material from Jupiter's moon Europa was probably sea salt.Full Story »
NASA's 'Greased Lightning' drone fuses chopper, plane tech May 12, 1:39 pm
Washington, May 12 (ANI): NASA has built a drone GL-10 or 'Greased Lightning' that hovers like a helicopter and flies like a plane.Full Story »
Washington, May 12 (ANI): The mysterious bright spots on the dwarf planet Ceres are better resolved in a new sequence of images taken by NASA's Dawn spacecraft on May 3 and 4, 2015. The images were taken from a distance of 8,400 miles (13,600 kilometers).Full Story »
Washington, May 8 (ANI): New observations of a recently exploded star are confirming supercomputer model predictions made at Caltech that the deaths of stellar giants are lopsided affairs in which debris and the stars' cores hurtle off in opposite directions.Full Story »
Washington, May 8 (ANI): The out-of-control Russian spacecraft that recently failed to dock with the International Space Station has safely crashed back to Earth.Full Story »
Washington, May 8 (ANI): Globular clusters, dazzling agglomerations of up to a million ancient stars, are among the oldest objects in the universe. Though plentiful in and around many galaxies, newborn examples are vanishingly rare, and the conditions necessary to create new ones have never been detected, until now.Full Story »
Washington, May 8 (ANI): Scientists using NASA's Hubble Space Telescope have discovered that the immense halo of gas enveloping the Andromeda galaxy, our nearest massive galactic neighbor, is about six times larger and 1,000 times more massive than previously measured.Full Story »
Washington, May 8 (ANI): American scientists have discovered that cosmic hotspots near dying stars are prime locations for forming molecular precursors to DNA.Full Story »
NASA's MESSENGER confirms Mercury has magnetic field May 8, 12:01 pm
Washington, May 8 (ANI): NASA's MESSENGER spacecraft has revealed evidence of magnetization of ancient crustal rocks on Mercury.Full Story »
Chandrayaan-2 planned to be launched during 2017-18 May 8, 9:43 am
New Delhi, May 8 (ANI): The Chandrayaan-2, India's second mission to the Moon, which includes an Orbiter, Lander and Rover configuration, is planned to be launched in the 2017- 2018 timeframe by a Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV) from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre at Sriharikota.Full Story »
Exo-asteroid debris shows how water reached Earth May 7, 4:22 pm
Washington, May 7 (ANI): A new research has suggested that water delivery via asteroids or comets is likely taking place in many other planetary systems, just as it happened on Earth.Full Story »
Washington, May 7 (ANI): A new study from NASA's Cassini mission has suggested that many features thought to be discrete jets of material erupting from Saturn's moon Enceladus might be phantoms created by an optical illusion.Full Story »
SpaceX's first test of its astronaut bailout system a success May 7, 11:11 am
Washington, May 7 (ANI): SpaceX has demonstrated its astronaut escape system for Crew Dragon spacecraftFull Story »
London, May 7 (ANI): The Russian spacecraft, which has been spinning uncontrollably since launching last week, will crash and burn on Earth this Friday, scientists have said.Full Story »
London, May 6 (ANI): Mysterious 'X-Files' sounds have been heard 22 miles above the Earth.Full Story »
Now, you can win $5k from NASA, just figure out how to sustain human presence on Mars May 6, 12:46 pm
Washington, May 6 (ANI): NASA is embarking on an ambitious journey to Mars and has announced a challenge inviting the public to write down their ideas, in detail, for developing the elements of space pioneering necessary to establish a continuous human presence on the Red Planet.Full Story »
Astronomers make breakthrough by discovering farthest galaxy May 6, 9:09 am
Washington, May 6 (ANI): Astronomers have set a new distance record by unveiling the farthest galaxy, which may be over 13 billion years old.Full Story »
London, May 5 (ANI): Italian astronaut Samantha Cristoforetti has become the world's first orbiting barista after firing up experimental ISSpresso coffee machine 250 miles above Earth.Full Story »
Washington, May 4 (ANI): Astronomers have produced the first complete three-dimensional view of the famous Pillars of Creation in the Eagle Nebula, Messier 16.Full Story »
- With USD 35 million cash injection, Saama Technologies to expand India base
- BSNL to roll out free national roaming service from June 15: R.S. Prasad
- CII welcomes Repo Rate cut announced by RBI
- Uber appoints first security chief to stave off criticism of its security practices
- LinkedIn 'buys and shuts down' Refresh.io to add predictive insights to its products
- Lend your expertise and we will give you capacity, says Prez to Swedish Investors
- Pakistan considers India's statement on need for peaceful atmosphere 'ironical'
- US soldiers may soon be able to see through walls
- Militants kill Bangladeshi UN peacekeeper in Mali
- Debris of MH370 aircraft to be left on ocean bed if found
- Acting is ancillary aspect of my career, says Eva Longoria
- Resse Witherspoon offered playing Clinton's role multiple times
- Justin Bieber clarifies he's 'not gay'
- Claire Holt says shooting for 'The Originals' finale was like 'high school reunion'
- Liam Neeson in final talks for joining 'A Willing Patriot'
- Indian version of 911-style emergency response service signs 10,000+ subscribers
- Be sure to leave your chair for 2 hrs during work!
- Being pessimistic about others may make you earn less
- Working in groups 'makes people stupider'
- 'App Economy' credited with contributing nearly half a million jobs to US
- Scientists unravel the mystery of life's origins
- Blame climate change for extreme weather fluctuations in places like Texas, India
- Yeast protein may shed light on human obesity
- You may be genetically programmed to laugh, smile easily
- Now, 'undercover' nail polish to keep you safe by detecting date rape drugs
- Calcium, vitamin D supplements 'don't ease' menopausal hot flushes
- Here's how fructose can make you fat!
- Eating steaks post prostate cancer diagnosis can increase death risk
- `Bad luck` plays far greater role in cancer than genes and environment
- 'Christmas veggie' Brussels sprout can help fight cancer
- 'Talk' to your kids to help them overcome cyber bullying trauma
- Meet the woman who was jailed for making 'loud sex noises'
- Helicopter parents beware! All that extra love, support will still harm your kids
- Straight talking can help parents wean teens away from e-cigs
- Kendall Jenner becomes new face of Estee Lauder