Afghanistan vows to sign US security pact in 'timely manner' Dec 8, 12:04 pm
Washington, Dec. 8 (ANI): The US Defense Secretary, Chuck Hagel has revealed that his Afghan counterpart has assured of signing the bilateral security agreement in a timely manner.Full Story »
Dubai, Dec. 8 (ANI): The sales of mobile phones in Saudi Arabia have reportedly shrunk as a result of crackdown on illegal immigrants staying in the kingdom.Full Story »
Washington, Dec. 8 (ANI): President Barack Obama has said diplomacy is the best way to solve Iran's nuclear programme as striking a nuke agreement has only partial chances of success.Full Story »
London, Dec. 8 (ANI): The widow of one of Nelson Mandela's cousins recalled that how once the anti-Apartheid hero stole couple of oxen and sold them so that he could run away from home and start a better life in Johannesburg.Full Story »
Alert raised as dense smog engulfs north, east China Dec 8, 11:26 am
Xinhua, Dec. 8 (ANI): Heavy haze has continued to engulf north and east China, affecting highways, flights and authorities have upgraded the warning level for thick for to the highest red in Hebei province.Full Story »
London, Dec. 8 (ANI): The South Pole charity trek involving Prince Harry and his fellow Walking With The Wounded expedition competitors has been suspended for safety reasons.Full Story »
London, Dec. 8 (ANI): Egypt has freed 21 female protesters who were jailed for taking part in a demonstration in support of ousted president, Mohamed Morsi, have been freed.Full Story »
Islamabad, Dec. 8 (ANI): Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chief Imran Khan has said resolving Kashmir issue is the only way to take India-Pakistan relationship forward.Full Story »
Mandela's family speaks of sadness at losing moral guide Dec 8, 10:26 am
Sydney, Dec. 8 (ANI): Nelson Mandela's family has spoken of their grave sadness following the demise of the anti-Apartheid hero after prolonged illness.Full Story »
London, Dec. 07 (ANI): Three members of a "Muslim Patrol" vigilante group have been jailed for harassing, intimidating and assaulting people in a bid to enforce Sharia law on the streets of east London.Full Story »
Shanghai's acrid smog causing disruption Dec 7, 2:14 pm
Beijing, Dec. 07 (ANI): Shanghai has been reportedly engulfed by acrid smog due to record pollution levels causing flight cancelations, shortages of face masks and rescheduling of plans of some expatriates to stay in the city.Full Story »
UN team in Dhaka to encourage pre-poll dialogue Dec 7, 2:06 pm
Dhaka, Dec.7 (ANI): A six-member United Nations team led by Assistant Secretary General for Political Affairs Oscar Fernandez-Taranco, has arrived in Bangladesh capital Dhaka with the objective of encouraging political parties to sit down for a dialogue and create an environment conducive to holding an inclusive, non-violent and credible election.Full Story »
Dhaka, Dec.7 (ANI): December 2, 2013 was the last date for the filing of nominations for the tenth parliamentary elections being held on January 5, 2014. The BNP, which had declared its intention of not participating in the elections under a Sheikh Hasina led election-time government, confirmed its decision by not filing nominations.Full Story »
Washington, Dec. 7 (ANI): US President Barack Obama flaunted his dance moves at the National Christmas Tree lighting ceremony when he tried to groove with a little girl, dressed as an elf in Mariah Carey's performing troupe.Full Story »
US military developing advanced 'radar-evading' drones Dec 7, 11:15 am
Washington, Dec. 7 (ANI): The US military is reportedly working on super advanced drone technology that can evade radar systems along with an all-electric, fuel cell-powered UAV launched from a submerged submarine.Full Story »
Washington, Dec. 07 (ANI): A close aide of North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un's uncle has reportedly fled to China after being sacked from his roles in the regime and is currently being protected by South Korean officials.Full Story »
N Korea confirms deporting aged US war veteran Dec 7, 10:22 am
Washington, Dec. 07 (ANI): North Korea has said it has deported an elderly U.S. tourist and war veteran detained for more than a month for alleged hostile acts against the country.Full Story »
Assad ridiculed for calling Mandela's life 'lesson to tyrants' Dec 7, 10:22 am
Washington, Dec. 07 (ANI): Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has been criticized for praising former South African President Nelson Mandela while morning his death, calling his life an inspiration for freedom fighters and a lesson to tyrants.Full Story »
Johannesburg, Dec. 07 (ANI): The international chemical weapons watchdog has said its experts have verified the total destruction of the Syrian toxic stockpile and parts of its weapons production facilities.Full Story »
NSA defends 'legal' snooping on 5bn cellphones everyday Dec 7, 9:37 am
Washington, Dec. 7 (ANI): The US' National Security Agency has reportedly defended its practice of allegedly tracking millions of foreign cellphones overseas everyday and said that it is legal under a US presidential order governing the programme.Full Story »
Brussels (Belgium), Dec.6 (ANI): Experts gathered at the European parliament on Thursday and called for peace and tranquility, as they discussed the grim political situation in Bangladesh due to the ongoing clash between the leading parties which could delay or even derail elections due by January in the country.Full Story »
- India-UAE to sign bilateral investment protection agreement
- US Airways-American Airlines to merge after SC refuses stay request
- Sensex rises to record high after assembly election results
- China's Xiaomi hires Google executive to boost overseas business
- Microsoft in talks buy stake in start-up networking site Foursquare
- Afghanistan signs cooperation agreement with Iran amid tensions with U.S.
- Upset family seeks to ban Nelson Mandela's grandson from funeral
- French cops open new inquiry in Princess Diana's 'murder plot'
- Princess Di's pal hits out at Scotland Yard for taking 'wild allegations' seriously
- Kate brings early Christmas cheer to kids at UK hospice
- Simon Cowell admits guilt over 'letting down a friend'
- Fans outraged after fake Kanye West declares 'I am next Nelson Mandela'
- Boyzone celebrates two decades at top of charts
- Kim K receives flak for donating only 10 percent of 'charity auction' to typhoon victims
- Justin Bieber gets detained after drug search at Oz airport
- How hypnosis can make childbirth pain-free
- World's first blood test to check fetus at risk of stillbirth developed
- Key to preventing dementia: Mediterranean diet
- Actress Nandita Das joins hands with Save the Children to promote breastfeeding
- 'Third world' teens facing lifestyle risks of 'first world'
- Scientists compile most famous people in history according to Google
- Now, 'drink' your breakfast of bacon, baked beans, eggs, and sausages!
- How to know if your child is ready to be sent to preschool
- Has elusive Loch Ness Monster finally been filmed?
- Meet the dog trainer who can teach pooches to operate iPads