By Pallavi Aman Singh
New Delhi, Aug 14 (ANI
is here to rain on your parade. With all those puddles and frizzes, looking good can be quite a task. However, while we still have some drizzle, let's enjoy it with some swag!
Payal Thaker, co-founder of YBP Cosmetics, is here to save the day as she has listed down the essentials you need to brave this season in style.
"Every weather comes with its own challenges and 'It girls' in town somehow always stay graceful under any type of circumstances. So, one fine evening I encountered some always stylish and gorgeous ladies and asked them what hidden beauty secrets they always follow when the Rain Gods take over our country," she told ANI
Here are the tips for getting that glam on-point look, no matter what:
1. Apply a mosquito repellent, like Dabur Odomos Naturals, and top it with a few drops of lavender oil or rose oil to kill the odour before stepping outside the house.
2. Use a good dry shampoo like BBlunt Back To Life. Massage your scalp for a few minutes until the white powder disappears and now you are ready to go. Your scalp should feel fresh and your hair should be voluminous and glossy.
3. Say goodbye to makeup brushes. Using a foundation brush or a regular latex sponge will simply make your face look cakey and heavy. Instead, try using good quality latex-free sponges, like YBP MakeupPerfector, to change your makeup game in seconds!
Use your wet MP sponge with a translucent powder to set everything after you're done with applying your foundation and concealer. This way it will lock everything on the skin and keep your makeup from moving all day after application.
4. Every single time your skin tends to get oily, you don't have to load it up with more powder. Use a good primer before you start applying your makeup. It will hold your makeup longer than the usual and will also decrease the size of your pores. Always carry good quality blotting tissues, like The Body Shop Tea Tree Blotting Tissues, and use it any time you want to touch up your makeup.
5. Large pores = dirty pores = acne + acne. This weather can make your skin very greasy and it's highly recommended to clean it with a good toner so you don't get any skin infections or big acne. Plum Goodness Alcohol Free Green Tea Toner can be a good option.
Now, you are ready to bring your A-game on this monsoon!(ANI