New Delhi [India], Dec. 2 (ANI
): Delhi winters are almost here and like most parents, you are at your wits' end about how to make the experience of this great time wonderful for you little ones.
Here are some ideas!
Gear up for some exciting activities as the capital readies itself to play host to fun events for your kids. Help them stay entertained and happy both indoors and out, throughout the frosty season.
Check out the top five picks of must-visit events that you should attend with your kids in the coming few weeks.
1. The Jungle Book - Jive: Get ready to meet your favorite Jungle Book characters like Baloo, Bagheera, Shere Khan and many more, as they all set out to hit your city this December. This opportunity should not be missed. Come and explore the jungle with Mowgli and his friends at the Jungle Book Jive show. It is an international stage production for children focusing on edutainment with a combination of theatre, dance and music. Jungle Book Jive is a stage adaptation of the famous story Jungle Book. It is a must watch show for you and your children to relive your childhood and give your kids a lifetime experience of an international show based on the most loved and adored story. The event is lined up on December 15, 2016 at Sirifort Auditorium, New Delhi.
2. Smile International Film Festival for Children and Youth 2016: This is an annual films festival, organized by Smile Foundation - India, it's a special film platform devoted to a greater appreciation of meaningful cinema made for children and youth. This is a unique festival which showcases only films with substance, support emerging filmmakers having ideas for value based films and recognize the leaders/promoters of this industry for highlighting the diverse perspectives of Good Cinema through their films. The festival presents features, shorts, live action and animation films over one week, with a projected attendance of more than fifteen thousand children and hundreds of film professionals and eminent guests from around the world this year.
3. KrackerJack Karnival: Introduce your kids to a world full of discovery, excitement, learning and fun activities. This is the perfect way for the complete family to enjoy together. India's biggest kids and family festival, Krackerjack Karnival adds that extra shot of excitement for children by allowing them to meet and greet their favorite cartoon characters live on stage. They can also attend interactive workshops, enjoy cool rides and entertaining acts, shop the latest products, relish scrumptious delicacies and much more! So, hold on your excitement for the 11th edition of the carnival, which is scheduled to be held on December 10, 11, at the capital's sprawling Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium.
4. House of Secrets: The 6th edition of House of Secrets is a Christmas carnival that features the most exclusive line-up of exhibitors displaying products which every parent wishes to buy for their kids along with great learning and entertainment opportunities for the fashion-conscious kids offering them an international-level platform. With over 20 workshops ranging from baking, kid's salon, desert decoration and interactive art workshops to shows like magic acts, storytelling, hula hoop performances and a show stopper act by the great comedian, Raja Rancho, kids can have a wonderful day out on December 10, at Select City Walk while their mommies indulge in some retail therapy.
5. Call of the Cartoons: Who said cartoons are just for watching? Your kids can create a character too even if they have limited drawing skills. Amateurs, hobbyists and artists looking to brush up on their drawing skills can learn the art of sketching and developing amazing cartoons characters from the experts and unleash their creativity. Cartoon artists and experts Nitin Chawla and Lovleen Chawla will set the ball rolling by providing everyone with an introduction to the art of cartoon sketching. The workshop will provide basic procedures and understandings of cartooning to familiarize everyone with the art, and who knows, your kid might end up creating something big that you can brag about.(ANI