New Delhi [India], Dec. 30 (ANI
): The patriarch notions about the institution of marriage have rapidly been going through a transformation with the changing lifestyle, increasing urbanisation, greater exposure to liberal culture and the rise of media.
The idea of finding a suitable match has become a search for the perfect partner. The young, educated Indians have fed up with traditional ways of society to deal with marriage and other aspects related to it. Be it searching a match, customary practices or dowry, today`s youth have their own preferences to live with. 2016 has brought phenomenal change in preference of young singles.
According to Banihal.com, a neuroscience based recommendation engine to find the perfect match, the significant cultural change in India witnessed an upsurge of registered women profiles as compared to 2015. Mobile users increased 2.5x in 2016 compared to 2015.
The most recent month saw 80 percent of new users coming through mobile. Intelligent match- making apps got popular in Tier two cities with more users coming from Tier two cities and that increased from 40 percent to 52 percent of users looking for a match online.
New generation doesn`t mind to travel long in search of a soul mate. 75 percent or men and 85 percent women are willing to travel.
Banihal.com has come up with some radical changes in the matrimony industry in 2016:
• Women signups increased 4x in 2016, compared to 2015;
• Men signups increased 3x in 2016, compared to 2015;
• Recent report marked 80 percent of new users coming through mobile;
• Significantly more users came from Tier two cities, increasing from 40 percent to 52 percent of users, looking for a match online;
• New generation does not mind to travel long in search of a soul mate. 75 percent men and 85 percent women are willing to travel. (ANI