Sun, Dec 4, 2016 | updated 09:23 AM IST

Bulandshahr rape victims have nothing to do with my comment: Azam Khan

Updated: Aug 13, 2016 20:33 IST

Rampur (Uttar Pradesh), Aug. 13 (ANI): Coming out in defence in connection with his comment made on the Bulandshahr gang-rape, Uttar Pradesh Cabinet Minister Azam Khan on Saturday said the victims has nothing to do with his comment.

This comment came from Khan in the backdrop of the victims moving the Supreme Court and demanding to file a case against him for his remark.

"What have I done? I can't comment on the Supreme Court and about the victims. I am a political person and like I said earlier whatever sections were about to be imposed on the accused that have been imposed and whatever administrative actions are taking place would have been taken place. So, the victims have nothing to do with my comment," Khan told ANI.

Khan further said that there was no problem in knowing if there was any chance of conspiracy.

Earlier this month, the Samajwadi Party leader kicked up a controversy with his insensitive remarks suggesting that this incident of gang-rape could be a political conspiracy against the Uttar Pradesh Government.

The minor victim of the case moved the apex court earlier today demanding to register FIR against Khan and the erring police officials.

The incident had taken place when six members of a Noida-based family were travelling to Shahjahanpur in western Uttar Pradesh when their car was stopped by criminals at the National Highway and dragged the 13-year-old girl and her mother out and raped them in a field nearby. (ANI)