Siwan (Bihar) [India], Sept. 12 (ANI
): The parents of the three youth who were allegedly eliminated on the orders of Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leader Mohammad Shahabuddin, on Monday said they are scared that with his release from jail on bail, they could also be eliminated.
A visibly scared Chandrakeshwar Prasad, the father of the victims, told ANI
that the previous atmosphere of terror would now return to Bihar's Siwan district.
"The people are now living in terror. Where will we go leaving Siwan? Somehow, we are managing our living. We do not have any support. If God wants, we will live...otherwise we will die. Shahabuddin can attack me as well. We never thought that after killing my two sons, he will murder my third son as well," he added.
Prasad said Shahabuddin did what he wanted to do and he might snatch even the last bit that the family has.
"The locals have never supported us in countering this terror of Shahabuddin. When I had come to Siwan, the district administration had asked us to leave Siwan. I took Udit Rai to Lalu. My brother asked him to save me. He said he won't do anything as it was a matter of Siwan. I got a threat call saying my outcome will be bad. 'Jeena yaha...marna yaha...iske bina jana kaha...," he added.
Resonating similar views, the victims' mother Kalavati Devi said they did not get justice and they are extremely scared.
"We are extremely scared. We did not get justice. He was released on bail. Don't know what he will do with us," she added.
Shahabuddin, a convicted criminal, had been in jail for 11 years and was greeted by a huge crowd of supporters upon his release on bail from the Bhagalpur jail on Saturday.
Last year, a special Siwan court sentenced him to life in the Rajiv Roshan case.
Rajiv was killed in 2014, a few days before he was set to depose in court in the murder case of his brothers, Satish and Girish. The duo was killed in an acid attack in 2004 and Rajiv was a witness. (ANI