New Delhi [India], Sept.12 (ANI
): The Union Cabinet
on Monday approved the cadre review of Group 'A' executive officers of the Border Security Force (BSF) with net creation of 74 posts of various ranks ranging from Assistant Commandant to Additional Director General ranks to enhance the operational and administrative capabilities of the BSF.
Increase of existing structure of Group 'A' posts from 4109 to 4183 posts are as follows:
1. Increase of one post of Additional DG (HAG level).
2. Net increase of 19 posts of Inspector General (SAG level).
3. Net increase of 370 posts of DIG/Commandant/2 1C (JAG level).
4. Net increase of 14 posts of Assistant Commandant (JTS level).
5. Net reduction of 330 posts of Deputy Commandant (STS level).
The BSF is the largest border guarding force established in 1965. The present sanctioned strength of the force is 2,57, 025 having 186 battalions (including 03 NDRF battalions). Of these, the executive Group 'A' cadre has sanctioned strength of 4065 officers (4109, including the IPS quota). About 90 percent of the troops are deployed in Indo-Pakistan Border, Indo-Bangladesh Border (including North East) and Left Wing Extremism (LWE) States. The last cadre review of the service was done in 1990. (ANI