New Delhi, July 23 (ANI
): A special CBI court
today reserved its order for July 25 on the bail application of suspended Delhi Government Principal Secretary Rajendra Kumar
in a corruption case.
Kumar's lawyer Mohit Mathur argued before the court that recoveries are already being made.
"Lots of people are coming forward to the CBI in this case which means there is no threat by Kumar. Thus, there is no requirement of any further probe," he said.
He also told the court that Kumar's medical condition is not good and also his daughter is seriously ill.
However, the investigating agency opposed his bail plea
, saying it has evidence that the witnesses are being threatened.
"His presence outside will create an intimidating atmosphere for the witnesses. The money trails are still to be probed and investigation is at crucial stage," said the CBI in the court.
It may be recalled that Kumar had earlier moved a Delhi Court for bail in a corruption case. Special Judge Arvind Kumar posted the matter for hearing on July 21.
Special Judge Kumar had sent Rajendra and six of his co-accused, including R. S. Kaushik and G.K. Nanda, the present and former managing directors of public sector company Intelligent Communication Systems India Limited (ICSIL); Tarun Sharma, a Deputy Secretary in the office of Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal; Dinesh Kumar Gupta and Sandeep Kumar, directors on the board of private company Endeavour System Private Limited (ESPL); and Ashok Kumar, a private individual - to judicial custody after the CBI counsel submitted that further police remand was not required. (ANI