Sun, Dec 11, 2016 | updated 03:25 PM IST

Did not violate any security protocol: Bhagwant Mann

Updated: Jul 28, 2016 17:42 IST

New Delhi, July 28 (ANI): Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) MP Bhagwant Mann, who today appeared before a probe panel, reiterated that he did not violate any security protocol by live-streaming a video of Parliament and requested that the matter should be closed.

This came after a committee of nine MPs reviewed the video posted by the Sangrur MP on Facebook, which showed his ride through layers of security to reach the Parliament.

Reports suggest that the committee members also met with the officers' in-charge of security in Parliament.

Prior to appearing before the panel, Mann in an exclusive conversation with ANI cried foul over the latest developments in this case and said that action must also be initiated against Prime Minister Narendra Modi as he allowed Pakistan's ISI to enter the Pathankot air base.

"I had tendered a written apology, but that was not considered sufficient. I will cite more examples and put forward my opinion before the committee today. But if you are associating my video with the notion that there can be an attack in the Parliament yet again then you should also summon the Prime Minister as he was showing the Pathankot air base to the ISI," Mann said when asked whether he regrets the incident.

Stating that this intention was not to violate the security arrangements, the AAP MP said that he just wanted the people to have a glimpse of how debate is conducted in the Parliament and how questions are picked on the basis of lucky draw.

"I had apologized in writing to Madam Speaker on the very first day when this incident was raised. But she did not find my apology sufficient and constituted a committee. So, I have given the reasons today and will also brief them about the same personally that several incidents of security breach took place earlier and they have been pardoned," said Mann.

"I had sought permission for a lawyer, but the committee said there is no debate today. Today you just have to put forth your opinion and asked that you can do it yourself," he added.

Mann earlier said that he had made no mistake, and thus, the matter should be closed.

In a five-page written reply to the nine-member committee led by BJP MP Kirit Somaiya, the Sangrur MP stated that he had made no mistake, while citing some of the earlier incidents to buttress his claims.

Interestingly, Mann had earlier in an apologia addressed to Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan offered "unconditional apology", saying his intention was not to expose the Parliament security but to inform his voters' about the procedure involved in raising a question during the 'Zero Hour'.

The committee will submit its report by August 3.

The Speaker has barred Mann from attending the proceedings of the House till a decision on the matter was reached.

Earlier, Mann accused the Centre and other opposition parties of giving a political twist to his apology to the Speaker with regard to his controversial live streaming of Parliament.

Mann said, "My apology has not been accepted. It is being given a political twist and colour. The opposition and my rivals are saying that my membership of parliament should be terminated; that I am a danger to this country." (ANI)