Sat, Dec 3, 2016 | updated 03:45 AM IST

Haryana CM announces Rs. 50 lakh compensation to Kupwara brave heart's family

Updated: Oct 30, 2016 11:57 IST

Kurukshetra (Haryana) [India], Oct. 30 (ANI): Days after Indian jawan Mandeep Singh lost his life in the ceasefire violation in Machhal sector of Jammu and Kashmir's Kupwara district, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Sunday announced a compensation of Rs. 50 lakh and government job to one family member of the slain solider.

"We all stand along with their families, Rs. 50 lakh will be given as compensation and a government job will be offered to one family member of the solider," said Khattar.

Khattar said the sacrifice of the soldiers will not go in vain, adding a befitting reply will be given to Pakistan for their act.

"We will help the family in every possible manner. The government in order to ensure that Mandeep's sacrifice is always remembered will do all suggested by the family members of the braveheart. We will not let the sacrifice of these soldiers go in vain," he said.

27-year-old Singh was killed in an attack in Machhal sector near the Line of Control on Friday.

The terrorists mutilated his body before crossing into Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK) under the cover of firing provided by the Pakistan Army.

One terrorist was also killed in the attack.

Mandeep's sacrifice came within a week after a BSF constable Sushil Kumar was martyred in Jammu district.

He also hailed from Kurukshetra district.

Kumar was killed as the Pakistani troops violated the ceasefire, resorting to heavy shelling and firing from automatic weapons in several sectors along the International Border in Jammu district earlier on October 24. (ANI)