New Delhi [India], Nov. 17 (ANI
): The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) on Thursday accused Pakistan of violating ceasefire despite calls for restraint and alleged that the violent acts by the neighbouring country is a clear violation of the 2003 ceasefire agreement.
"Despite calls for restraint, the Pakistani forces have committed 12 ceasefire violations between November 9 and November 15 during which the Pakistani Army deliberately resorted to caliber acceleration by employing artillery and heavy mortar against Indian post," MEA official spokesperson Vikas Swarup told the media here.
Swarup said that there have been 18 instances of infiltration by terrorists from vicinity of Pakistani posts during last week.
"The government has also protested the deliberate targeting by the Pakistan Army of 14 villages along the Line of Control (LoC)," he said.
Responding to a poser about Pakistan's participation in the Heart of Asia conference in India, Swarup said that the MEA has not yet received any confirmation from Islamabad in this regard.
However, the Pakistani media yesterday reported about the participation of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's Advisor on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz in the conference. (ANI