Kolkata [India], Sept. 26 (ANI
): In a massive breakthrough in the Burdwan blast, the Special Task Force of the Kolkata Police has arrested six top Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen terrorists from Assam and West Bengal, out of whom five are named in the chargesheet filed by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) in the case.
Out of the arrested terrorists, three are Indian and three are Bangladeshi nationals.
Detonation devices, explosives, cell phones and a laptop have also been recovered from them.
Following are the details of the arrested terrorists:
1. Anwan Hussain, a Bangladeshi national was the head of Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen in Bengal.
2. Moulana yusuf, who is the second in command, had a bounty of Rs. 10 lakh on his head.
3. Shahudul Islam
4. Mohammad Rubel is an IED expert.
5. Abul Kalam is another IED expert and also trains the recruits into the outfit.
6. Zabirul Islam is wanted by the NIA.
The arrests were made from Cooch Behar, Bangaon, North 24 parganas, Basirhat and Assam.
The arrests were made by the Special Task Force, who were tracking their activities for a long time.
The NIA had framed charges against 30 accused persons in July, 21 months after the incident that prompted three central investigation agencies to conduct a joint probe. The charges were framed under the Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA) and Arms Act. (ANI