Sun, Oct 23, 2016 | updated 07:47 PM IST

India replying with appropriate weapon system to Pak: Defense PRO on ceasefire violation

Updated: Oct 04, 2016 10:58 IST

Jammu (Jammu and Kashmir) [India], Oct. 4 (ANI): Defense PRO Manish Mehta on Tuesday confirmed the fresh reports of ceasefire violations by Pakistani troops at three different locations of Kalsian in Naushera sector, which took place during wee hours today morning and said that the Indian Army is replying with appropriate weapon system.

Mehta told ANI that according to the reports, no causalities have been reported so far, but at two different locations the ceasefire has stopped.

"The ceasefire has taken place in Naushera sector and at different three places. It started at 5 a.m. and at two locations it has stopped, while at the third location it is still continuing," Mehta said.

"They are using small arms automatics and mortars. There are no reports of causality as of now and we are responding appropriately with a befitting reply to the Pakistani unprovoked seize fire violation," he added.

He further said that Indian army is replying with appropriate weapon system.

Yesterday, Pakistan violated ceasefire in Shahpur along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch, Jammu and Kashmir.

Heavy mortar shelling and firing was reported from the Pakistani side in Poonch.

The fresh attacks came after terrorists attacked the Indian Army and BSF camps in Baramulla, Jammu and Kashmir, in which a BSF personnel was killed.

The terrorists attacked near a camp of the 46 Rashtriya Rifles in Baramulla, late on Sunday night.

Around three-four terrorists, tried to enter the camp through a public park near it, but failed to breach the security.

Earlier, Pakistan targeted Indian posts along the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir's Akhnoor tehsil late Sunday evening.

Pakistan has stepped up cross-border firing after the Indian Army conducted surgical strikes on terror launch pads in Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK). (ANI)