Panaji [India], Oct. 15 (ANI
): Asserting that ties between New Delhi
served as a driver of peace and a factor of stability, Prime Minister Narendra Modi
on Saturday stressed that Russia's clear stand on the need to combat terrorism mirrored India's views, adding that both nations affirmed the need for zero tolerance in dealing with terrorists and their supporters.
Here are the top 10 highlights from the Prime Minister's joint statement with Russian President Vladimir Putin
1. "Agreements on manufacturing of Kamov 226T helicopters, constructions of frigates, and acquisition and building of other defence platforms are in synergy with India's technology and security priorities."
2. "We have also agreed to work on an annual military industrial conference that will allow stakeholders on both sides to institute and push collaboration."
3. "These projects are new chapters in a long history of strong and diverse defence partnership that both sides can take much pride in."
4. "Our wide ranging cooperation in nuclear energy is set to bring rich dividends for both of us."
5. "Indian companies have invested close to US Dollars 5.5 billion in Russia's Oil and Gas sector."
6. "A combination of robust civil nuclear cooperation, LNG sourcing, partnership in the Oil and Gas sector, and engagement in renewables can construct a promising 'Energy Bridge' between our two countries."
7. "With an eye on the future, we also agreed to set up a Science and Technology Commission."
8. "With President Putin's backing, we hope to fast track India's association with Eurasian Economic Union Free Trade Agreement."
9. "We deeply appreciate Russia
's understanding and support of our actions to fight cross-border terrorism
that threatens our entire region. We both affirmed the need for zero tolerance
in dealing with terrorists
and their supporters
10. "We are working to model a partnership that befits our common ambition and meets our shared goals for the twenty-first century." (ANI