Sat, Aug 19, 2017 | updated 09:27 AM IST

Baloch National Front protests against Pak forces for human rights abuses

Updated: Sep 10, 2016 20:31 IST      
Baloch National Front protests against Pak forces for human rights abuses

Turbat (Balochistan) [Pakistan], Sep. 10 (ANI): The Baloch National Front on Saturday staged a protest condemning the abduction of Baloch women, harassment of activists and the human rights abuses being carried out by the Pakistani forces.

The protestors were seen shouting slogans, calling for a stop to the abduction of women in Balochistan and they also urged the United Nations to "wake up" and take notice of the issue.

Earlier, asserting that Pakistani forces have started fresh waves of military operations across Balochistan, Baloch Republican Party representative at the United Nations Human rights council Abdul Nawaz Bugti had stated that in different parts of Dera Bugti, people are now being abducted.

"Baloch civil populace have been attacked and more than 19 baloch civilians, including women and children, all belonging to the same family have been abducted. An innocent baloch man was killed in the operation in Dera Bugti. Similarly, many parts of naseerbabad district were also attacked and Baloch civilians were harassed and many of them have been abducted," Bugti said.

He further stated that in Turbat area, a political worker's house is under siege since the past four days and his family, mostly women and children including an infant are starving.

Bugti also emphasised that Pakistani forces have denied access to them including their own human rights organisations, who are not being allowed to visit them.

"It is the time that international media raises their voices and helps save Baloch from the inhuman atrocities committed by Pakistani forces on a daily basis in Balochistan," the activist said in a message.

Earlier, welcoming Prime Minister Narendra Modi's statement on Balochistan in his Independence Day address, several Baloch activists claimed that the people of the region support him and he should take up the Baloch issue with the international community at the United Nations.

Last month, in a bid to highlight the ongoing Baloch genocide and human rights violations and the disappearance of Baloch people through the hands of Pakistani military and intelligence agencies in Balochistan, the Baloch National Movement (BNM) Germany chapter held demonstrations in different cities.

Many activists are asserting that since 2003, more than 23,000 activists, students, lawyers, women, journalists, writers and human rights defenders have been enforced disappeared by the Pakistani army and its death squads. (ANI)

London [U.K.], August 19 (ANI): A delegation of the Free Balochistan Movement along with the Khan of Kalat, Mir Suleman Daud, met with American Congressman Dana Rohrabacher in London on Thursday and discussed American foreign policy, Islamic terrorism and Balochistan issue including the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).

Full Story >>

Oslo [Norway], August 19 (ANI):The 'Dialogue for Peace' event organised by Nobel Peace Center in Oslo has been cancelled midway after the Baloch activists staged a protest over extending invite to Pakistan's former military dictator Pervez Musharraf as a speaker.

Full Story >>

Charlottesville violence: Donald Trump's arts council quits

Updated: Aug 19, 2017 07:44 IST     

Washington D.C. [U.S.A.], August 19 (ANI): Several members of United States President Donald Trump's Committee on the Arts and Humanities (PCAH) have announced their resignation due to President's remarks on Charlottesville violence.

Full Story >>

New York [United States], Aug.19 (ANI): Case after case of minority Hindu girls being forcibly converted to Islam are being presented before courts in Pakistan's Sindh province, has left the community deeply unsettled and with a sense of alarm.

Full Story >>

Steve Bannon returns to Breitbart News after White House exit

Updated: Aug 19, 2017 06:28 IST     

Washington D.C. [U.S.A.], August 19 (ANI): Ousted White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon has returned at the helm of conservative Breitbart News website and chaired the outlet's evening editorial meeting on Friday.

Full Story >>

Death toll in Sierra Leone mudslides rises to 467

Updated: Aug 19, 2017 05:26 IST     

Freetown [Sierra Leone], August 16 (ANI): A government health official on Friday said the death toll from devastating mudslides in Sierra Leone has reached 467, with the number of dead expected to rise.

Full Story >>

80 Afghan soldiers under siege in Northern Province

Updated: Aug 19, 2017 05:19 IST     

Kabul [Afghanistan], August 19 (ANI): At least 80 soldiers of Afghanistan National Army are under siege by insurgents since 20 days in Faryab province of Afghanistan, reports Tolo News.

Full Story >>

Barcelona attack: Key suspect Moussa Oukabir confirmed dead

Updated: Aug 19, 2017 04:57 IST     

Barcelona [Spain], August 19 (ANI): The prime suspect in Barcelona attack Moussa Oukabir has been shot dead by police in the nearby seaside town of Cambrils, reports Express.

Full Story >>

Islamabad [Pakistan], August 19 (ANI): Pakistan's Karachi city and Bangladesh's capital city Dhaka have been named among the least liveable cities of the world, a survey.

Full Story >>

Abu Dhabi [U.A.E.] August 19 (ANI): A former member of the Muslim Brotherhood has confessed that Qatar supported the banned Islamist members to destabilize the United Arab Emirates.

Full Story >>

86 ISIS insurgents killed in Afghanistan

Updated: Aug 19, 2017 02:29 IST     

Kabul [Afghanistan], August 19 (ANI): At least 86 insurgents belonging to Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) have been killed in airstrikes and ground operations by the Afghan National Defense and Security forces.

Full Story >>

'Trump wants to cut off all military aid to Pakistan'

Updated: Aug 19, 2017 02:21 IST     

Washington D.C. [U.S.A.], August 19 (ANI): United States President Donald Trump wants to cut off all military aid to Pakistan as he thinks that the Washington is being ripped off by Islamabad.

Full Story >>

Trump's chief strategist Steve Bannon out of White House

Updated: Aug 18, 2017 23:35 IST     

Washington D.C. [U.S.A.], August 18 (ANI): Stephen Bannon, chief strategist who helped Donald Trump win the 2016 election is out of the White House, said two administration officials Friday who are familiar with the decision.

Full Story >>

Washington D.C. [USA] Aug 18 (ANI): In the wake of ISIS striking terror in Barcelona where at least 14 people have been killed, U.S. President Donald Trump has reiterated that 'Radical Islamic Terrorism' must be stopped by whatever means necessary.

Full Story >>

Turku [Finland], Aug 18 (ANI): At least, one person has died and eight others injured in a stabbing attack in the Finnish city of Turku on Friday.

Full Story >>

US amps up Cyber Command to combat cyberspace threats

Updated: Aug 18, 2017 22:48 IST     

Washington D.C. [U.S.A.], August 18 (ANI): United States President Donald Trump amped up country's Cyber Command by directing to elevate it to the status of a Unified Combatant Command, which will strengthen country's cyberspace operations and create more opportunities to improve nation's defense.

Full Story >>

New Delhi [India], August 18 (ANI): External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj has said that there is no report of any Indian casualty in the terror attack in Spain where 13 people have been killed and more than 100 injured after a vehicle ploughed into pedestrians at Barcelona's famed Las Ramblas boulevard tourist area.

Full Story >>

Samurai sword attack at Taipei's Presidential Office

Updated: Aug 18, 2017 15:33 IST     

Beijing [China], August18 (ANI): A samurai sword-wielding man carrying a flag of the People's Republic of China slashed a military police guard outside Taiwan's presidential office on Friday.

Full Story >>

Three people beheaded by Al-Shabaab terrorists in Kenya

Updated: Aug 18, 2017 14:20 IST     

London[U.K.], August 18 (ANI):Islamic militants have beheaded three people and burnt houses in an attack in Lamu County located in the Northern Coast of Kenya on Friday.

Full Story >>

Being [China], August 18 (ANI):Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro has issued an order to the military to prepare to "shoulder arms," in case of a US invasion, Defense Minister Vladimir Padrino Lopez said on Thursday.

Full Story >>