Mon, Oct 24, 2016 | updated 12:29 PM IST

Records of Sharif's sugar mills deliberately destroyed, says Sindh CM's adviser

Updated: Sep 12, 2016 12:38 IST

Hyderabad [Pakistan], Sept. 12 (ANI): Maula Bux Chandio, the Information Adviser to Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah, has alleged that the records of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's family venture Ramzan Sugar Mills and the Nandipur mega power project have been deliberately destroyed.

"The mills record was torched to conceal the employment and identities of the Indians working there for years, while the record of the energy project was burned down to hide massive corruption on the part of the PML-N government," the Dawn quoted Chandio, as saying.

He made the remarks at a ceremony organised by Pakistan People's Party (PPP) leaders and activists at the local press club yesterday to celebrate his birthday.

Chandio claimed no notice was being taken by key institutions of the country of the serious crimes being committed by mill owners and the ruling Pakistan Muslim League -Nawaz(PML-N), even though the media and the public at large has been raising questions about it.

He said that the Sharif family and PML-N government had turned a deaf year to the public's demand for the truth.

Alleging that billions of tax payer money had been spent on the Nandipur power project, he said state institutions must ask the federal government about how far has the power plant helped overcome the nation's energy crisis.

Tahirul Qadri, chairman of PakistanAwami Tehreek (PAT), had last week alleged that Sharif's family has employed 300 Indians in their sugar mills.

He unveiled a list of 50 Indians who have been allegedly working in sugar mills owned by the Sharif brothers.

Responding to Qadri's allegations, Sharif Group of Industries Managing Director Yousaf Abbas Sharif said that not a single Indian was working in the sugar mill.

He pointed out that currently, 1,100 plus employees were employed at the mills and none of them were foreigners. (ANI)