Fri, Dec 9, 2016 | updated 01:32 AM IST

Two arrested in connection with Nice attack

Updated: Jul 17, 2016 15:35 IST

New York, July 17 (ANI): A prosecutor said that French authorities arrested a man and a woman on Sunday following a terror attack that killed 84 people and injured hundreds others last week after Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel drove a truck at high speed into a crowd watching Bastille day fireworks in Nice.

A spokeswoman for the anti-terrorism prosecutor, Agnes Thibault Lecuivre, said the man and the woman were arrested in relation to the attack, reports CNN.

The French authorities on Saturday said they had been questioning five people.

Among them was Bouhlel's ex-wife, who was taken into custody on Friday and the other four were men.

31-year-old Bouhlel drove a 20-ton truck through hundreds gathered to watch the Bastille Day fireworks on the Mediterranean city's waterfront on Thursday.

He was shot to death by police after he barreled down the crowded Promenade des Anglais for almost a mile crushing and hitting people who had gathered to watch fireworks leaving more than 200 people injured.

The authorities said that he was identified by fingerprints after his identification card was found in the truck.

The Amaq Agency, 'ISIS' media group, in a statement yesterday said that an ISIS "soldier" carried out the attack. (ANI)