Islamabad (Pakistan), Sept. 29 (ANI
): After India announced that it conducted surgical strikes across the Line of Control (LoC), Pakistan on Thursday rejected the claim, saying that New Delhi is doing it only to please the media and public.
In a statement, Pakistan Defence Minister Khawaja Asif
on Thursday said, "The Pakistani Army gave befitting response to the Indian army. Indian Army opened up small arm fire last night on five sectors across LoC. India is doing this under a well-planned objective. If India tries to do this again, we will respond forcefully. India is doing this only to please their media
Denying the claims, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) earlier today said, "There has been no surgical strike by India, instead there had been cross border fire initiated and conducted by India which is existential phenomenon", reports Geo News.
ISPR, however, confirmed that two Pakistan
i soldiers were killed in the crossfire.
The statement came after the Indian Ministry of External Affairs and the Defence Ministry on in a joint statement announced that the Indian Army had carried out multiple surgical strikes in various locations along the Line of Control late on Wednesday night.
India's Director General Military Operations (DGMO) Lt. Gen. Ranbir Singh announced that Indian Army had carried out multiple surgical strikes in the wake of the infiltration bids by terrorists along the Line of Control (LoC), including at Uri and Poonch earlier this month.
"Indian Army conducted surgical strikes
on terror launch pads on the LoC
and significant casualties have been caused," he said adding that the India
n forces have foiled over 20 infiltration bids in the past week. (ANI