Fri, Oct 28, 2016 | updated 11:12 PM IST

Sindh minister seeks 'Mohenjo Daro' filmmaker's apology for distorting facts

Updated: Sep 06, 2016 14:19 IST
Karachi [Pakistan], Sept. 6 (ANI): Sindh Minister for Culture, Tourism and Antiquities Sardar Ali Shah has strongly reacted to Ashutosh Gowariker's recently released flick 'Mohenjo Daro' and asked the director to tender an apology for distorting facts.

Shah said that this film has made a mockery of highly developed culture of the 5000-year-old civilization, reports the Dawn.

He said that he would soon communicate Sindh's reaction and objections to "the director concerned."

According to Shah, the movie depicted nothing but figments of imagination of filmmakers and had nothing to do with history of Mohenjo-Daro.

He added that the world had widely acknowledged the importance of the heritage sites of Sindh, which was evident from the fact that Makli necropolis and Mohenjo-Daro had been included in the list of international heritage sites and UNESCO was caring for them in coordination with the government. (ANI)