Mumbai, Jul 14 (ANI
): Bollywood actor Salman Khan has finally filed his response with regard to his much-controversial "raped woman" analogy before the Maharashtra State Commission for Women here today.
has filed his response to the notice issued by Maharashtra State Commission for Women yesterday" said MSCW chief Vijaya Rahatkar.
Rahatkar further said the commission is going through the contents of his reply, adding the next course of action will be decided accordingly.
"Maharashtra State Commission for Women is going through the contents of Salman's reply and will soon decide its next course of action," she said.
The 50-year-old actor had failed to appear before the Commission twice earlier after being summoned.
On June 22, the MSCW had issued a notice asking Salman to appear before it on June 29 to explain his position on the 'raped woman' analogy.
When he failed to appear, the MSCW had issued summons to him on June 29 asking the actor to appear before it on July 7.
The actor after being summoned for the first time had sent a letter to the MSCW panel through his lawyer in which he stated that the case was already being heard by the National Commission for Women (NCW), adding the matter cannot be heard simultaneously at two places.
However, Salman later defied the NCW's summons and failed to appear before it on July 8 to clarify his remark.
The 'Dabangg' actor landed in a soup last month during the promotion of the recent blockbuster movie 'Sultan'.
"When I used to walk out of the ring, after the shoot, I used to feel like a raped woman. I couldn't walk straight," he said.
Although Salman was quick to apologise immediately after the comment, his statement irked women activists and other human rights groups, who demanded an apology from the actor.
The actor's father Salim Khan and brother Arbaaz Khan had earlier come out in his support along with some other B-Town celebs stating that the intention behind the 'rape' remark was not wrong. (ANI