New Delhi [India], Dec. 30 (ANI
): Celebrity and brand endorsement go hand-in-hand, sometimes due to business purpose and sometimes to promote their areas of interest.
But when popular people back startups which are nowhere related makes us commend them for enabling and encouraging the startup India to stand up!
Hoping that more celebs and popular people will back innovative startups to enable their dreams; here are top five non-related backing by celebs till date:
1. Shilpa Shetty Kundra invests in a real-estate business: Along with her husband business tycoon Raj Kundra, Shilpa entered a real-estate business called Group Home Buyers. It helps customers find the best deals on residential listings at a discounted rate.
2. Amitabh Bachchan invests in cloud services: After Justdial, legendary Amitabh Bachchan invested in a Singapore based startup called Ziddu, which is a cloud service provider. It offers free file hosting for documents, pictures, video, and audio.
3. Saumya Tandon investing in cab aggregators: Saumya, who played Kareena Kapoor Khan's sister in 'Jab We Met,' and now stars in popular television series, 'Bhabhiji Ghar Par Hain,' made investment in the auto-rickshaw aggregator Jugnoo.
4. Boman Irani investing in World's 1st Sports Social fan engagement platform: Boman has turned angel investor after he invested in world's first social fan engagement platform - Rooter that connects sports fans and engages them during live sporting events. The key differentiator of the platform is the unique live match prediction game that engages fans during a live match and also connects them with fans in their vicinity through Live match Prediction game, pre-match quizzes and Live match chat forums.
5. Chetan Bhagat invests in a photo-sharing app: The author has shown us his diversity every now and then. Recently he invested in Pulse, which is a new age photo sharing mobile app that has a combo of articles and user-generated content. (ANI