Sat, Dec 10, 2016 | updated 04:14 PM IST

Attempt being made to ruin my wrestling career, says Narsingh

Updated: Jul 25, 2016 15:03 IST

Sonipat, July 25 (ANI): Wrestler Narsingh Yadav, who failed a dope test, on Monday, alleged that a conspiracy was hatched against him to ruin his wrestling career.

The 26-year-old wrestler, who was selected ahead of two-time Olympic champion Sushil Kumar for Rio Olympics, expressed shock over the news stating that he had always cleared the dope test in his career spanning 15 years.

"In the past as well, I cleared dope test, ever since I qualified for Rio Olympics, I have been facing so many problems, be it court case or anything else," Singh told ANI here.

"Somebody must have added something in my supplements and food," he said.

"I am doing so well, why would I even take banned steroids?"he asked.

He further said that the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) should probe the matter and take strict action against the responsible person.

"I have written a complaint to Wrestling Federation of India alleging conspiracy and named whom I consider suspicious. I hope everything will be sorted out soon and will be sent for Rio Olympics," he said.

Earlier today, Sandeep Tulsi, another Indian wrestler, was found to have tested positive for the same substance as the Rio-bound wrestler.

Tulsi is Narsingh Yadav's sparring partner and room-mate at Sports Authority of India (SAI), Sonipat.

Narsingh, who bagged the quota in the 74kg category with a bronze medal finish in last year's World Championships, was selected for the Rio Olympics in controversial circumstances as two-time Olympic medalist Sushil Kumar had demanded for trials to determine who should go to the games.

However, Narsingh was favoured for the same after fighting a lengthy legal battle with Sushil. (ANI)