Johannesburg [South Africa], Oct. 30 (ANI
): Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho
, who was yesterday sent to the stands at half-time in the 0-0 draw with Burnley in the Premier League, could be facing a stadium ban following another run in with officials.
The United manager was forced to watch the second half of the match from the stands after apparently clashing with referee Mark Clattenburg over his failure to award United a penalty following a tackle on Matteo Darmian, reports Sport24.
The 53-year-old Portuguese then moved to the directors' box.
It is speculated that the 53-year-old, who has been charged with misconduct by the Football Association (FA) after he made comments against referee Anthony Taylor prior to his side's goalless draw against Liverpool in the English Premier League, could face even further sanction from the FA.
Confirming the news, the FA said Mourinho would be charged for breaking FA rules and bringing the game into disrepute.
Mourinho has now been given a deadline of October 31 to respond to a charge of improper conduct.
The Portuguese, who is a serial offender when it comes to the FA's disciplinary unit, had said that that it would be difficult for referee Taylor to officiate their game with Liverpool.
Mourinho's misconduct charge
came just a few days after his one-year stadium ban from his time at Chelsea expired.
The Portuguese later refused to attend the post-match press conference, instead sending his assistant Rui Fara.
"To be fair I don't know and I don't think it's very important.What is important is what the referee will write in his report. Apart from that, I can't give you more details. It happened with them," Faria said about the half-time incident.
Last year, Mourinho was slapped with one-match stadium ban and fine of 40,000 pounds after the FA backed referee Jon Moss' claims that Mourinho refused to leave the officials' changing room and verbally abused him and his colleagues at half-time of a defeat against West Ham.(ANI