Keyword Results for 'american civil liberties union'
US can keep secrets on targeted drone killings, rules judge Jan 4, 12:09 pm
Washington, Jan 4 (ANI): A US judge has ruled the Obama's administration is not required to publicly disclose its legal justification for the drone attacks and other methods it has used to kill terrorism suspects overseas.
Washington, Aug 31 (ANI): The United States' Justice Department has ended its last active criminal investigation into the agency's treatment of prisoners after the September 11, 2001 attacks, after declining to file charges in connection with the deaths of two prisoners held in CIA custody a decade ago.
Washington, May 1(ANI): The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) has demanded that the U.S. Justice Department release all documents pertaining to the drone programme.
Washington, Dec 2(ANI): The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has illegally spied on Muslim community groups under the cover of holding outreach meetings, a US human rights group has claimed.
Washington, Oct 23 (ANI): The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), a national organization advocating individual rights, has accused the Federal Bureau of Investigation of using racial, ethnic and religious profiling to fight crime and domestic terrorism within the US.
- Betting on Tendulkar's 100th international century crosses Rs.2 billion mark
- 'Gold-obsessed' Aliens using Earth as 'battlefield'
- Smartphone app allows watching football matches minutes after game commencement
- Oz head cricket coach Arthur confident of win over Kiwis, without star players
- Brit women top obesity league in Europe
TOP VIDEO STORIES