Keyword Results for 'physical pain'
Washington, Feb. 28 (ANI): Researchers have said that social pain activates some brain circuits of physical pain whether we feel it personally or when we experience it as an empathic response to other people's pain.
Why people in pain get relief in foetal position Dec 26, 1:02 pm
Melbourne, Dec 26 (ANI): Ever wondered why crawling into the foetal position helps alleviate the pain of a bad news or stressful situation or even physical pain?
Brain scans reveal first objective measure of physical pain Apr 11, 10:35 am
Washington, Apr 11 (ANI): Scientists have for the first time been able to predict how much pain people are feeling by looking at images of their brains.
Brain stimulation may reduce feelings of social pain Dec 5, 4:35 pm
Washington, December 5 (ANI): Certain brain areas involved in processing physical pain may also underlie feelings of social pain, according to a new research.
Math anxiety 'can cause pain' Nov 1, 12:13 pm
Washington, November 1 (ANI): Fear of mathematics can activate regions of the brain linked with the experience of physical pain and visceral threat detection, researchers say.
London, October 7 (ANI): Cheryl Cole, who is currently dating dancer Tre Holloway, has confessed that the "sadness, physical pain, sickness and fury" was like she had never experienced after she discovered her husband Ashley had been unfaithful.
Science of break-up revealed Sep 21, 2:47 pm
Wellington, September 21 (ANI): A relationship counsellor has shared her tips on coping with post break-up pain.
Meet the girl who can't feel pain Jul 6, 2:42 pm
Washington, July 6 (ANI): A 12-year-old girl from the US cannot feel physical pain due to her rare genetic disorder.
Being stuck in a job you dislike can cause back pain Apr 24, 12:47 pm
London, April 24 (ANI): If you are unhappy at work, you are more likely to have back pain, say researchers.
Broken hearts really can be painful Feb 23, 12:43 pm
Washington, Feb 23 (ANI): "Broken-hearted" is not just a metaphor as researchers have now revealed that social pain and physical pain actually have a lot in common.
- Saudi Arabia gives 20 lashes punishment to man for beating wife
- New technology can print 3D blood vessels in mere seconds
- Jeremy Renner becomes proud father to daughter
- Thank germs in your gut for keeping you healthy
- Hacking collective Anonymous calls for Internet blackout on April 22 to protest CISPA
- Betting on Tendulkar's 100th international century crosses Rs.2 billion mark
- 'Gold-obsessed' Aliens using Earth as 'battlefield'
- Smartphone app allows watching football matches minutes after game commencement
- Oz head cricket coach Arthur confident of win over Kiwis, without star players
- Brit women top obesity league in Europe
TOP VIDEO STORIES