Keyword Results for 'vlt'
Most stellar heavyweights exist in pairs Jul 27, 11:23 am
Washington, July 27 (ANI): Using data from ESO's Very Large Telescope, astronomers have revealed that the hottest and brightest stars, which are known as O stars, are often found in close pairs.
Sharpest image of 'rose-coloured' Omega Nebula captured Jan 5, 5:50 pm
Washington, Jan 5 (ANI): A new image of the Omega Nebula, captured by ESO's Very Large Telescope (VLT), is one of the sharpest of this object ever taken from the ground.
Washington, Dec 16 (ANI): Astronomers have captured perhaps the most detailed wide-field view of nearby spiral galaxy NGC 253 using VLT Survey Telescope (VST).
Astronomers crack 'Fried Egg Nebula' in infrared sky Sep 28, 11:28 am
Washington, Sept 28 (ANI): Scientists have for the first time captured images of one of the brightest stars in the infrared sky surrounded by a huge dusty double shell - thanks to the European Southern Observatory's Very Large Telescope (VLT).
- Betting on Tendulkar's 100th international century crosses Rs.2 billion mark
- 'Gold-obsessed' Aliens using Earth as 'battlefield'
- Smartphone app allows watching football matches minutes after game commencement
- Oz head cricket coach Arthur confident of win over Kiwis, without star players
- Brit women top obesity league in Europe
TOP VIDEO STORIES