Keyword Results for 'vlt'
Washington, Sept. 19 (ANI): Astronomers have taken a new photograph that shows a glowing jumble of gas clouds make up a huge stellar nursery nicknamed the Prawn Nebula, which is located 6,000 years ago.
Dusty surprise around giant black hole discovered Jun 21, 1:21 pm
Washington, June 21 (ANI): New observations of a nearby active galaxy using Very Large Telescope Interferometer (VLTI) at ESO's Paranal Observatory in Chile have given a team of astronomers a surprise.
Most stellar heavyweights exist in pairs Jul 27, 11:23 am
Washington, July 27 (ANI): Using data from ESO's Very Large Telescope, astronomers have revealed that the hottest and brightest stars, which are known as O stars, are often found in close pairs.
Sharpest image of 'rose-coloured' Omega Nebula captured Jan 5, 5:50 pm
Washington, Jan 5 (ANI): A new image of the Omega Nebula, captured by ESO's Very Large Telescope (VLT), is one of the sharpest of this object ever taken from the ground.
Washington, Dec 16 (ANI): Astronomers have captured perhaps the most detailed wide-field view of nearby spiral galaxy NGC 253 using VLT Survey Telescope (VST).
Astronomers crack 'Fried Egg Nebula' in infrared sky Sep 28, 11:28 am
Washington, Sept 28 (ANI): Scientists have for the first time captured images of one of the brightest stars in the infrared sky surrounded by a huge dusty double shell - thanks to the European Southern Observatory's Very Large Telescope (VLT).
- Saudi Arabia gives 20 lashes punishment to man for beating wife
- New technology can print 3D blood vessels in mere seconds
- Jeremy Renner becomes proud father to daughter
- Thank germs in your gut for keeping you healthy
- Hacking collective Anonymous calls for Internet blackout on April 22 to protest CISPA
- Betting on Tendulkar's 100th international century crosses Rs.2 billion mark
- 'Gold-obsessed' Aliens using Earth as 'battlefield'
- Smartphone app allows watching football matches minutes after game commencement
- Oz head cricket coach Arthur confident of win over Kiwis, without star players
- Brit women top obesity league in Europe
TOP VIDEO STORIES