Keyword Results for 'climate warming'
Urban adaptation may help curb future climate warming Feb 11, 1:24 pm
Washington, Feb. 11 (ANI): Researchers have suggested that using urban adaptation strategies like green roof, cool roof, and hybrid technologies can help offset not only future climate warming due to urban expansion but also temperature increases driven by greenhouse gases.
Coral reefs may be able to adapt to moderate climate warming Oct 30, 1:02 pm
Washington, Oct 30 (ANI): A new study has revealed that coral reefs may be able to adapt to moderate climate warming, improving their chance of surviving through the end of this century, if there are large reductions in carbon dioxide emissions.
How plants counter climate warming Apr 29, 1:26 pm
Washington, April 29 (ANI): As temperatures warm, plants release gases that help form clouds and cool the atmosphere, according to a new research.
Washington, Oct 15 (ANI): Corals may be more severely impacted by climate warming when they contain too many symbiotic algae, a new study by scientists at the University of Miami (UM) Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science has revealed.
London, June 13 (ANI): Not long after the last ice age, the last woolly mammoths succumbed to a lethal combination of climate warming, encroaching humans and habitat change - the same threats facing many species today, a new study has claimed.
Antarctic ice shelf may be disintegrating rapidly Apr 5, 4:37 pm
Washington, Apr 5 (ANI): ESA's Envisat satellite, which marks ten years in orbit, is continuing to observe the rapid retreat of one of Antarctica's ice shelves because of climate warming.
Increasing climate warming may put food security at risk Feb 18, 5:54 pm
Washington, Feb 18 (ANI): Climate warming caused by greenhouse gases is very likely to increase the variability of summertime temperatures around the world by the end of this century, which will have serious effects in food production, claims a University of Washington scientist.
Future forests may absorb more CO2 than previously thought Oct 14, 12:14 pm
Washington, Oct 14 (ANI): Want to save our planet? Well, plant more trees and preserve them.
- Saudi Arabia gives 20 lashes punishment to man for beating wife
- New technology can print 3D blood vessels in mere seconds
- Jeremy Renner becomes proud father to daughter
- Thank germs in your gut for keeping you healthy
- Hacking collective Anonymous calls for Internet blackout on April 22 to protest CISPA
- Betting on Tendulkar's 100th international century crosses Rs.2 billion mark
- 'Gold-obsessed' Aliens using Earth as 'battlefield'
- Smartphone app allows watching football matches minutes after game commencement
- Oz head cricket coach Arthur confident of win over Kiwis, without star players
- Brit women top obesity league in Europe
TOP VIDEO STORIES