Keyword Results for 'ct scans'
Washington, March 11 (ANI): Longtime cochlear implant users are reporting dramatic improvements in their hearing, thanks to new image-guided programming methods developed by Vanderbilt University researchers.
London, February 4 (ANI): Scientists believe a battle-scarred skull discovered beneath a parking lot in England could be that of King Richard III, who was killed at the Battle of Bosworth in 1485.
Washington, Feb 1 (ANI): Experts at Johns Hopkins have figured out how night-hunting owls can almost fully rotate their heads - by as much as 270 degrees in either direction - without damaging the delicate blood vessels in their necks and heads, and without cutting off blood supply to their brains.
Brain regions associated with emotional intelligence mapped Jan 23, 3:11 pm
Washington, January 23(ANI): A new study of Vietnam veterans with combat-related brain injuries has provided the first detailed map of the brain regions that contribute to emotional intelligence - the ability to process emotional information and navigate the social world.
Low-dose CT screening for lung cancer saves lives Nov 11, 9:53 am
Washington, November 11 (ANI): Screening for lung cancer with low-dose CT scans has been shown to significantly reduce mortality rates among people at high risk of developing the disease, such as current or former longtime smokers.
Inner ear may shed light on ancient primate behaviour Jun 14, 2:45 pm
Washington, June 14 (ANI): CT scans of fossilized primate skulls or skull fragments from both the Old and New Worlds may hold the key to how these extinct animals moved, especially for those species without any known remains, a new study has claimed.
London, June 7 (ANI): Children who have two or three head CT scans have triple the risk of developing brain cancer, a new study has revealed.
Obese patients 'more exposed to radiation' Apr 8, 12:54 pm
Washington, Apr 8 (ANI): Obese individuals could be exposed to higher levels of radiation during routine X-ray and CT scans as most medical imaging equipments are not designed with overweight and obese patients in mind, researchers say.
Sixth toe discovered in elephants Dec 23, 2:51 pm
London, Dec 23 (ANI): Scientists have identified the mysterious growth in the foot of elephant that had baffled researchers for more than 300 years, as a 'sixth toe'.
- Saudi Arabia gives 20 lashes punishment to man for beating wife
- New technology can print 3D blood vessels in mere seconds
- Jeremy Renner becomes proud father to daughter
- Thank germs in your gut for keeping you healthy
- Hacking collective Anonymous calls for Internet blackout on April 22 to protest CISPA
- Betting on Tendulkar's 100th international century crosses Rs.2 billion mark
- 'Gold-obsessed' Aliens using Earth as 'battlefield'
- Smartphone app allows watching football matches minutes after game commencement
- Oz head cricket coach Arthur confident of win over Kiwis, without star players
- Brit women top obesity league in Europe
TOP VIDEO STORIES