Keyword Results for 'meteors'
Perseid meteors to cause 'Celestial Pollution' during meteor shower Aug 10, 11:04 am
Washington, Aug 10 (ANI): When the Perseid meteors streak across the sky this weekend, these awe-inspiring "shooting stars" will leave behind a trail of what is known as "Celestial Pollution".
Perseid meteor shower set to light up sky on Aug 11 and 12 Aug 6, 12:19 pm
Washington, Aug 6 (ANI): The Perseid meteor shower is set to put on a spectacular show on the nights of August 11 and 12.
NASA's Cassini sees meteors colliding with Saturn's rings Apr 26, 11:06 am
Washington, April 26 (ANI): Thanks to NASA's Cassini spacecraft, scientists have found the first direct evidence of small meteoroids breaking into streams of rubble and crashing into Saturn's rings.
Washington, Feb 16 (ANI): Deep Space Industries have proposed for the creation of a sentry line of spacecraft circling the Earth to intercept and evaluate incoming threats, after Friday's meteor impact in Russia and the near miss by football field-sized asteroid 2012 DA14.
Leonid meteor shower to peak on Nov 17 Nov 16, 9:51 am
Washington, Nov 16 (ANI): The best viewing for this year's Leonid meteor shower will be several hours before dawn on November 17, according to experts.
Slow meteors that shine brighter than Venus bombarding Earth Feb 27, 12:49 pm
Washington, Feb 27 (ANI): Astronomers are mystified over the bizarre breed of slow-moving meteors that are lighting up the skies this month.
Full moon to overpower Perseid meteor shower this Friday Aug 10, 4:42 pm
Washington, August 10 (ANI): The Perseid meteor showers, an annual display of shooting stars in Northern Hemisphere, are underway with an expected peak on Friday, but a full moon will hamper seeing all but the brightest meteors.
- Saudi Arabia gives 20 lashes punishment to man for beating wife
- New technology can print 3D blood vessels in mere seconds
- Jeremy Renner becomes proud father to daughter
- Thank germs in your gut for keeping you healthy
- Hacking collective Anonymous calls for Internet blackout on April 22 to protest CISPA
- Betting on Tendulkar's 100th international century crosses Rs.2 billion mark
- 'Gold-obsessed' Aliens using Earth as 'battlefield'
- Smartphone app allows watching football matches minutes after game commencement
- Oz head cricket coach Arthur confident of win over Kiwis, without star players
- Brit women top obesity league in Europe
TOP VIDEO STORIES