Keyword Results for 'systemic inflammation'
Losing weight from any diet may help lower risk of heart disease Nov 11, 9:53 am
Washington, November 11 (ANI): By losing weight, whether through a low-carb or low-fat diet, overweight or obese people can have a significant reduction in inflammation throughout their body, as measured by three common markers for inflammation, according to researchers at Johns Hopkins Medicine.
Air pollution may be global risk factor for cardiovascular disease May 16, 12:13 pm
Washington, May 16 (ANI): Changes in air pollution during the 2008 Beijing Olympics were associated with changes in biomarkers of systemic inflammation and thrombosis (formation of blood clot) as well as measures of cardiovascular physiology in healthy young persons, according to a study.
London, April 26 (ANI): A new study has demonstrated that habitual consumption of white potatoes (baked, boiled and mashed) is not associated with obesity, type 2 diabetes or levels of C-reactive protein, a marker of systemic inflammation once potential confounding factors are controlled for (e.g., age, gender, and education).
Systemic inflammation may cause depression Apr 3, 4:56 pm
Washington, April 3 (ANI): Scientists have found that systemic inflammation causes an increase in depressive symptoms and metabolic changes in the parts of the brain responsible for mood and motivation.
- Saudi Arabia gives 20 lashes punishment to man for beating wife
- New technology can print 3D blood vessels in mere seconds
- Jeremy Renner becomes proud father to daughter
- Thank germs in your gut for keeping you healthy
- Hacking collective Anonymous calls for Internet blackout on April 22 to protest CISPA
- Betting on Tendulkar's 100th international century crosses Rs.2 billion mark
- 'Gold-obsessed' Aliens using Earth as 'battlefield'
- Smartphone app allows watching football matches minutes after game commencement
- Oz head cricket coach Arthur confident of win over Kiwis, without star players
- Brit women top obesity league in Europe
TOP VIDEO STORIES