Keyword Results for 'bone mass'
Washington, April 4 (ANI): Depression, anxiety, and smoking have a negative impact on the bone accrual of adolescent girls and may become a red flag for a future constrained by low bone mass or osteoporosis and higher fracture rates in postmenopausal years, researchers say.
Washington, March 24 (ANI): Exercise interventions in childhood may be associated with lower fracture risks as people age, due to the increases in peak bone mass that occurs in growing children who perform regular physical activity, a new study has concluded.
Why obese people are prone to asthma Jan 9, 4:28 pm
Washington, January 9 (ANI): A study by researchers at Columbia University (USA) reveals that leptin, a hormone that plays a key role in energy metabolism, fertility and bone mass, also regulates the diameter of the airways.
Some types of bariatric surgery may cause bone loss Nov 3, 12:48 pm
Washington, November 3 (ANI): Endocrinologists from Sydney's Garvan Institute of Medical Research have warned that some types of bariatric surgery may cause bone loss, particularly when carried out on young people who have not yet reached their peak bone mass.
Washington, May 5 (ANI): Young men who play volleyball, basketball or other load-bearing sports for four hours a week or more increase bone mass and might gain protection from developing osteoporosis later in life, say researchers.
Exercise helps astronauts stay healthy in space Mar 23, 12:35 pm
Washington, Mar 23 (ANI): Earlier studies have clearly showed that astronauts on extended missions suffered serious deficits from lengthy times in a low-gravity environment, including dizziness when standing up, considerable loss of bone mass, and impaired muscle function.
- Saudi Arabia gives 20 lashes punishment to man for beating wife
- New technology can print 3D blood vessels in mere seconds
- Jeremy Renner becomes proud father to daughter
- Thank germs in your gut for keeping you healthy
- Hacking collective Anonymous calls for Internet blackout on April 22 to protest CISPA
- Betting on Tendulkar's 100th international century crosses Rs.2 billion mark
- 'Gold-obsessed' Aliens using Earth as 'battlefield'
- Smartphone app allows watching football matches minutes after game commencement
- Oz head cricket coach Arthur confident of win over Kiwis, without star players
- Brit women top obesity league in Europe
TOP VIDEO STORIES