Blackbeard's ship yields fresh treasure troveAug 15, 1:22 pm
Washington, August 15 (ANI): Archaeologists have unearthed a treasure trove in the wreck of the Queen Anne's Revenge, which is the flagship in the dread pirate Blackbeard's fleet.The sunken treasure, weapons, all the bits of the ship, all the personal items, is lying 25 feet beneath the sea off North CarolinaProject leader Billy Ray Morris and a group of 14 marine archaeologists, technicians and restoration experts from the Underwater Archaeology Branch of the N.C. Department of Cultural Resources think that the Queen Anne's Revenge itself is a treasure trove - a unique repository of history from centuries ago.The team is planning to salvage the entire remains of the pirate ship by 2014.The artefacts, after being pulled from the sea, are taken to a lab in Greenville, where it could take as much as a decade to leach out 300 years worth of salt and sea, preparing the ship for the final phase of its life out of the water. More than 280,000 such artefacts have already been recovered from the ship, Fox News reported.The ship ran aground in Beaufort in June 1718, on the western side of the channel.Morris said that the ship was most likely intentionally grounded, as historical documentation indicated that the feared pirate had wanted to downsize his flotilla of four ships - and the crew sailing on them. (ANI)
Ticket sales for female comedians' shows tripled in 2 yrs Oct 1, 4:24 pm
London, Oct 1 (ANI): Ticket sales for female comedians' shows have tripled in two years after Sarah Millican secured the top spot in the list of best-selling women in 2013, followed by Miranda Hart and Dawn French.Full Story »
Now, drink wine to hold back acne Oct 1, 12:32 pm
Washington, Oct 1 (ANI): A new study has found that an antioxidant called resveratrol found in wine and grapes, restrain the growth of acne bacteria.Full Story »
India not too happy a place for older people Oct 1, 12:20 pm
London, Oct 1 (ANI): An index of the quality of later life has placed India at the 69th position among the 96 countries, suggesting that India is not too happy a place for older people.Full Story »
Drunk men respond more to other people's smiles Oct 1, 12:20 pm
Washington, Oct 1 (ANI): A new has suggested that an alcoholic beverage makes men respond more to the smile of others their group.Full Story »
- Couple tips waiter 100 dollars for bad service on 66 dollar bill!
- Mumbai's Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus in world's most spectacular train stations list
- Need a discount in your restaurant bill? Walk in with a gun!
- Japan's latest reality TV show lets male fans date bikini-clad band
- Australian-Indian designer to showcase her collection at Wills India Fashion Week
- Social media offenders revealed in a new study
- Expressive suppression keeps negative thoughts at bay
- 9 ways to get divorced 'on good terms'
- Now, men can wear one-piece business suit called 'Suitsy'
- 2-month-old transforms into grown man
TOP VIDEO STORIES