Karl Lagerfeld created new perfume with 'sentimental' approachOct 8, 11:35 am
Washington, Oct 8 (ANI): German fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld has created a new perfume, Karleidoscope, which he revealed was made with a ''sentimental'' approach. The Chanel designer has collaborated with cosmetics firm Coty to launch the new scent, and said that he loved working on the fragrance."A fragrance is not made to be explained by words. A mix of scents creates something we can smell but not describe. I can tell you that the base is patchouli fraction orpur, benzoin Laos orpur, tonka bean and musk, and the heart (a perfume must have a heart that should break, in a way, our heart) is heliotrope (one of my favorite scents), violet and freesia. But I don't want to be too technical about the fragrance. I prefer a sentimental approach," Contactmusic quoted the designer as saying. Francoise Mariez, senior vice president of marketing for European fragrances at Coty Prestige, said Karleidoscope was created entirely by Karl and was involved in every step of the scent's creation."It is Karl's multifaceted vision that was the main inspiration for this project. He had the idea of the kaleidoscope, the bottle and the advertising," Mariez told WWD. The advertising campaign stars model Bianca Balti, which has been photographed by the creator of the perfume himself."I love Bianca and her strong, modern but classical beauty. The ad is a kaleidoscope of images of her face four times on the page," Lagerfeld said. (ANI)
Its smartphones over clothes for teenagers today Aug 29, 4:46 pm
New York, Aug 29 (ANI): Teenagers today are more excited by new high-tech gadget rather than stylish and branded apparels.Full Story »
New dads take 5 months to get the hang of fatherhood Aug 29, 1:38 pm
London, August 29 (ANI): A new study has found that new dads take at least five months to get the hang of fatherhood.Full Story »
Simple thanks can help making new friends Aug 29, 11:45 am
Washington, Aug 29 (ANI): A new study has suggested that thanking a new acquaintance for their assistance can help one to make new friends.Full Story »
Why humans act 'selflessly' revealed Aug 28, 5:10 pm
Washington, Aug 28 (ANI): A new study has found the reason behind human altruism.Full Story »
- Fancy a 'legal' cannabis infused fizzy drink?
- Social media users likelier to shirk from discussing important issues offline
- Care to try 'world's most expensive hot dog' worth $169?
- 'Future of housing' may be skyscrapers containing entire cities
- Bond fans line up for iconic 'Goldeneye' bungee jump at Switzerland's Contra Dam
- Bedtime troubles with children make parents lose 8 days a yr
- Hello Kitty is a 'girl' not a 'cat'
- Marry short men for long-lasting marriage
- Meet the world's fastest 'pooch on two legs'
- 'Hot' Brazilian babes in women only town embark upon a man-hunt!
TOP VIDEO STORIES