We've staggering 99 friends at 21- more than at any other time in our lifeNov 1, 10:47 am
London, Nov 1 (ANI): Our social circle is at its peak when we are at 21 with a staggering 99 friends- but the number drops sharply as we get older, a new study has revealed.The study found that the typical 21-year-old's social circle nearly hits 100 - more than at any other time in our life - with 13 'best' friends, 17 'close' friends and 70 acquaintances, the Daily Mail reported.But this number drops sharply to 68 by the time we are 29-years-old.The decline continues to 63 at age 39, 43 at 49-years-old and plummets to around 41 when we hit 55.The research undertaken by skin care brand Nivea found our social circle peaks at 21 as we meet people at work while keeping in touch with friends from school and university.But as our working lives take over, we lose contact with some old friends causing the number to drop to around 68 by the time we reach 29-years-old.Although this decline continues into old age, it slows down slightly for people in their 30s when many of them become first-time parents.It is believed that this is because people form new friendships while on the maternity ward, at post-natal groups and when taking their toddlers to nursery.The Nivea Closeness Report found the balance between our numbers of 'best friends', 'close friends' and 'acquaintances', remains fairly constant throughout our lifetime. (ANI)
Kendall Jenner officially becomes Calvin Klein's new face Mar 27, 12:35 pm
London, Mar 27 (ANI): Kendall Jenner has been unveiled as the new face of Calvin Klein's new denim series campaign.Full Story »
This 2.75 inches tall baby Chihuahua maybe the world's smallest dog Mar 27, 12:05 pm
London, March 27 (ANI): A baby Chihuahua named Toudi, maybe just be the world's smallest dog at 2.75 inches.Full Story »
Open-mindedness key to interfaith marriages Mar 26, 3:29 pm
Washington, Mar.26 (ANI): Rarity of interfaith marriage has been recently explained by the assumptions on the open-mindedness.Full Story »
McDonald's launches own fashion line with burger prints Mar 26, 1:26 pm
Wellington, March 26 (ANI): McDonald's lovers have something to be happy about, as the fast-food chain giant has now launched its very own fashion and lifestyle line.Full Story »
- Meet the woman who's marrying a tree after having 'best ever sex' with it!
- Individuals who say right things at right time become leaders
- Take a look at 'motorized teapots' tackling tough obstacle courses!
- Meet the couple who's getting married 38 times around the world in 83 days
- Conscientious kids less likely to smoke later in life
- Meet the artist who creates amazing 'Star Wars' portraits using 'coffee'
- Your close friends can predict how long you'll live
- Sorry Scots, but world's best whiskey is Taiwanese Kavalan
- Here's why you should never watch a tortoise have sex
- Take 45-min power nap to boost your memory five-fold
TOP VIDEO STORIES