We've staggering 99 friends at 21- more than at any other time in our lifeNov 1, 10:47 am
London, Nov 1 (ANI): Our social circle is at its peak when we are at 21 with a staggering 99 friends- but the number drops sharply as we get older, a new study has revealed.The study found that the typical 21-year-old's social circle nearly hits 100 - more than at any other time in our life - with 13 'best' friends, 17 'close' friends and 70 acquaintances, the Daily Mail reported.But this number drops sharply to 68 by the time we are 29-years-old.The decline continues to 63 at age 39, 43 at 49-years-old and plummets to around 41 when we hit 55.The research undertaken by skin care brand Nivea found our social circle peaks at 21 as we meet people at work while keeping in touch with friends from school and university.But as our working lives take over, we lose contact with some old friends causing the number to drop to around 68 by the time we reach 29-years-old.Although this decline continues into old age, it slows down slightly for people in their 30s when many of them become first-time parents.It is believed that this is because people form new friendships while on the maternity ward, at post-natal groups and when taking their toddlers to nursery.The Nivea Closeness Report found the balance between our numbers of 'best friends', 'close friends' and 'acquaintances', remains fairly constant throughout our lifetime. (ANI)
World's 'dirtiest hotel' up for sale for $170 mln Apr 16, 5:21 pm
Melbourne, April 16 (ANI): The hotel which has been named world's dirtiest hotel three times is now up for sale at 170 million dollars.Full Story »
New report says most young women see sexual assault as normal Apr 16, 2:19 pm
Washington, Apr 16 (ANI): A new report suggests that many victims of sexual assault may not actually see themselves as victims.Full Story »
Lightning does strike twice! Apr 16, 1:22 pm
Washington, Apr 16 (ANI): A woman has penned a book detailing the horrifying incidents when she was struck by lightning, not once but twice.Full Story »
Mafia mobsters claimed to be more sensitive, family-centred than other criminals Apr 16, 1:22 pm
London, Apr 16 (ANI): A new study has found that members of the Mafia are more sensitive, family orientated and less selfish than other murderers.Full Story »
- Kids misbehave within ten minutes of spanking: Study
- World's best pizza comes from Australia, not Italy!
- How mothers help children differentiate between right and wrong
- US Airways tweets obscene pic in reply to 'disgruntled' passenger's complaint
- Woman raised 4,500 pounds on crowd sourcing website to pay for boob job
- Now, lingerie laced with pheromones to drive men crazy!
- 'Sip coffee to build rapport with boss'
- Meet the man who survived after falling off a 100ft cliff
- It's official! Women can modulate voice to make it sexier, men cannot
- Welcome to the gravity defying 'upside-down' house
TOP VIDEO STORIES