88 pc motorists use mobile phones while driving, says reportMar 21, 6:20 pm
Sydney, Mar 21, (ANI): A majority of drivers still risk their lives by using mobile phones while driving, a survey has revealed.Of the 415 New South Wales drivers surveyed, 88 per cent made phone calls while behind the wheel. Sending text messages was the second most common phone misdemeanour, according to the report, with 68 per cent admitting they texted while driving.Two in five drivers (40 per cent) said they use phone applications such as weather forecasts or news website applications, while 25 per cent use social media sites to tweet or update their Facebook status.According to Adele Buhagiar, the spokeswoman for NRMA Insurance, which conducted the survey, the latest results prove that motorists aren't paying heed to warnings about using mobile phones."The research shows that our appetite for technology extends to while we are driving, with one in four admitting that they are updating their status or tweeting while at the wheel...This is up from one in ten last year," the Sydney Morning Herald quoted her as saying.She said the number of drivers taking pictures when behind the wheel was the biggest surprise."Losing focus while behind the wheel, even if it is only for a split second, may cause the worst to happen," she added. (ANI)
McDonald's introduces its 'gourmet' menu Aug 3, 12:36 pm
London, Aug 3 (ANI): McDonald's has gone gourmet people! The fast-food chain in Brisbane, Australia has added some fancy new dished to its menu which will make your mouth water.Full Story »
How 'goofing' with your kids helps boost their development Aug 3, 12:36 pm
Washington DC, Aug 3 (ANI): Want your kids to be smart? A new study has shown that joking and pretending with your children gives their development a boost.Full Story »
'Sizzling' Ghost Pepper Ice Cream requires a 'waiver' before eating Aug 3, 12:05 pm
Washington DC, Aug. 3(ANI): To spice up the summer an ice-cream shop in Rehobeth Beach, Delaware is serving its customers with Ghost Pepper Ice Cream, a dessert so hot that customers have to sign a waiver just to try it out.Full Story »
Rohit Bal scores high on 'flower power' on Day 4 of 2015 AICW Aug 2, 4:01 pm
New Delhi, Aug 2 (ANI): Veteran fashion designer Rohit Bal showcased the "flower embroidery" power at his off-site show on Day 4 of 2015 Amazon India Couture Week in the National capital.Full Story »
- 'Friendship Day' study claims partners can become best friends forever
- Of Persia and Poetry : Anju Modi's royal line for AICW 2015
- Parents' `egocentric bias` makes them overestimate their kids' happiness
- Rahul Mishra dedicates his 'Funtional Couture' to multitasking women
- From 'Olaf' to 'Alex,' this mom sure knows how to make food 'fun'
- Fashion icon Iris Apfel advise: Stop taking trends seriously
- Swarovski embellished 'Mandapam' unveiled in New Delhi
- This restaurant is offering food in 'dog bowl'
- Sabyasachi calls Louboutin 'showstopper' for India Couture show
- This bakery is offering sweet treats inspired by 'Game of Thrones'
TOP VIDEO STORIES