88 pc motorists use mobile phones while driving, says reportMar 21, 6:20 pm
Sydney, Mar 21, (ANI): A majority of drivers still risk their lives by using mobile phones while driving, a survey has revealed.Of the 415 New South Wales drivers surveyed, 88 per cent made phone calls while behind the wheel. Sending text messages was the second most common phone misdemeanour, according to the report, with 68 per cent admitting they texted while driving.Two in five drivers (40 per cent) said they use phone applications such as weather forecasts or news website applications, while 25 per cent use social media sites to tweet or update their Facebook status.According to Adele Buhagiar, the spokeswoman for NRMA Insurance, which conducted the survey, the latest results prove that motorists aren't paying heed to warnings about using mobile phones."The research shows that our appetite for technology extends to while we are driving, with one in four admitting that they are updating their status or tweeting while at the wheel...This is up from one in ten last year," the Sydney Morning Herald quoted her as saying.She said the number of drivers taking pictures when behind the wheel was the biggest surprise."Losing focus while behind the wheel, even if it is only for a split second, may cause the worst to happen," she added. (ANI)
New dads take 5 months to get the hang of fatherhood Aug 29, 1:38 pm
London, August 29 (ANI): A new study has found that new dads take at least five months to get the hang of fatherhood.Full Story »
Simple thanks can help making new friends Aug 29, 11:45 am
Washington, Aug 29 (ANI): A new study has suggested that thanking a new acquaintance for their assistance can help one to make new friends.Full Story »
Why humans act 'selflessly' revealed Aug 28, 5:10 pm
Washington, Aug 28 (ANI): A new study has found the reason behind human altruism.Full Story »
Responding to baby's babbles could get them talking sooner Aug 28, 5:10 pm
Washington, Aug 28 (ANI): A new study has found that when parent's respond to their infant's babbling, the babies start using language more quickly.Full Story »
- Social media users likelier to shirk from discussing important issues offline
- Care to try 'world's most expensive hot dog' worth $169?
- 'Future of housing' may be skyscrapers containing entire cities
- Bond fans line up for iconic 'Goldeneye' bungee jump at Switzerland's Contra Dam
- Bedtime troubles with children make parents lose 8 days a yr
- Hello Kitty is a 'girl' not a 'cat'
- Marry short men for long-lasting marriage
- Meet the world's fastest 'pooch on two legs'
- 'Hot' Brazilian babes in women only town embark upon a man-hunt!
- Swiss officials hail drive-in 'sex boxes' a success
TOP VIDEO STORIES