88 pc motorists use mobile phones while driving, says reportMar 21, 6:20 pm
Sydney, Mar 21, (ANI): A majority of drivers still risk their lives by using mobile phones while driving, a survey has revealed.Of the 415 New South Wales drivers surveyed, 88 per cent made phone calls while behind the wheel. Sending text messages was the second most common phone misdemeanour, according to the report, with 68 per cent admitting they texted while driving.Two in five drivers (40 per cent) said they use phone applications such as weather forecasts or news website applications, while 25 per cent use social media sites to tweet or update their Facebook status.According to Adele Buhagiar, the spokeswoman for NRMA Insurance, which conducted the survey, the latest results prove that motorists aren't paying heed to warnings about using mobile phones."The research shows that our appetite for technology extends to while we are driving, with one in four admitting that they are updating their status or tweeting while at the wheel...This is up from one in ten last year," the Sydney Morning Herald quoted her as saying.She said the number of drivers taking pictures when behind the wheel was the biggest surprise."Losing focus while behind the wheel, even if it is only for a split second, may cause the worst to happen," she added. (ANI)
Canadian ice climber becomes first to scale frozen Niagara Falls Jan 31, 12:59 pm
London, Jan 31 (ANI): A Canadian climber has made history by becoming the first person to scale icy walls of Niagara Falls.Full Story »
Meet the world's oldest sisters who have combined age of 386 Jan 31, 11:33 am
London, Jan. 31 (ANI): The world's oldest set of sisters have proved they are still young at heart as they celebrate reaching the landmark combined age of 386.Full Story »
Its official! Men take twice as many selfies as women Jan 30, 5:34 pm
London, Jan 30 (ANI): A new research has recently shown that men take twice more selfies and share them online as compared to women.Full Story »
British woman claims to have 'near death experiences' three times a month Jan 30, 5:34 pm
London, Jan 30 (ANI): A woman has claimed that she has experienced around hundreds of near death experiences in her lifetime.Full Story »
- Cops uncover cannabis factory in 'Downton Abbey' style mansion
- People over 70 also enjoy 'active sex lives'
- The more depressed, lonely you are, the more likely you are to binge-watch TV
- Just answer these two simple questions to determine if you're in love
- Blame internet, mobile and video games for linear increase in school failure among teenagers
- Why men think 'sex' when women just want to be 'friends'
- Best-ever video of UFO captured in skies above Argentina
- Heidi Klum cherishes 'being mother' more than any of her achievements
- The Lego effect: Blocks and puzzles do increase spatial skills in kids
- Shoot down end of marriage with Machine Guns Vegas' 'Just Divorced' package!
TOP VIDEO STORIES