88 pc motorists use mobile phones while driving, says reportMar 21, 6:20 pm
Sydney, Mar 21, (ANI): A majority of drivers still risk their lives by using mobile phones while driving, a survey has revealed.Of the 415 New South Wales drivers surveyed, 88 per cent made phone calls while behind the wheel. Sending text messages was the second most common phone misdemeanour, according to the report, with 68 per cent admitting they texted while driving.Two in five drivers (40 per cent) said they use phone applications such as weather forecasts or news website applications, while 25 per cent use social media sites to tweet or update their Facebook status.According to Adele Buhagiar, the spokeswoman for NRMA Insurance, which conducted the survey, the latest results prove that motorists aren't paying heed to warnings about using mobile phones."The research shows that our appetite for technology extends to while we are driving, with one in four admitting that they are updating their status or tweeting while at the wheel...This is up from one in ten last year," the Sydney Morning Herald quoted her as saying.She said the number of drivers taking pictures when behind the wheel was the biggest surprise."Losing focus while behind the wheel, even if it is only for a split second, may cause the worst to happen," she added. (ANI)
80 pc women prefers editing pics before posting them online Jul 30, 4:26 pm
London, July 30 (ANI): A recent study has revealed that 80 percent of women edit their summer snaps before posting them on any social media sites in order to appear more stunning.Full Story »
Topless sunbathing becomes 'passe' in France Jul 30, 4:26 pm
London, July 30 (ANI): According to French Elle magazine women in France no longer prefer topless sunbathing because of health concerns and the "pornified" perception.Full Story »
We judge people by looking at their faces in 10 seconds flat! Jul 30, 3:11 pm
London, July 30 (ANI): A new study has revealed that an opinion about a person is formed in just 10 seconds in a face-to-face interaction.Full Story »
Now, furniture that feels, smells like human skin Jul 29, 4:04 pm
London, July 29 (ANI): A British designer has created a new type of furniture, which feels and smells like real human flesh.Full Story »
- Meet the priest who's getting demon's 'hate texts' post girl's exorcism!
- Study claims wives' qualification no longer reason for divorce
- Audi fans enjoy Q-series off-roading experience in Noida
- Couples who believe to be 'soulmates' prone to be unhappy: Study
- How people feel sharing their life events on social media?
- Now, buy self-designed clothes online
- Childhood buddies can make you a better person
- Posting pals' 'drunk passed-out snaps' new rage on Twitter
- How swimmers can rule the pool revealed
- Now adult-themed restaurant in Taiwan that serves 'raunchy meals'
TOP VIDEO STORIES