88 pc motorists use mobile phones while driving, says reportMar 21, 6:20 pm
Sydney, Mar 21, (ANI): A majority of drivers still risk their lives by using mobile phones while driving, a survey has revealed.Of the 415 New South Wales drivers surveyed, 88 per cent made phone calls while behind the wheel. Sending text messages was the second most common phone misdemeanour, according to the report, with 68 per cent admitting they texted while driving.Two in five drivers (40 per cent) said they use phone applications such as weather forecasts or news website applications, while 25 per cent use social media sites to tweet or update their Facebook status.According to Adele Buhagiar, the spokeswoman for NRMA Insurance, which conducted the survey, the latest results prove that motorists aren't paying heed to warnings about using mobile phones."The research shows that our appetite for technology extends to while we are driving, with one in four admitting that they are updating their status or tweeting while at the wheel...This is up from one in ten last year," the Sydney Morning Herald quoted her as saying.She said the number of drivers taking pictures when behind the wheel was the biggest surprise."Losing focus while behind the wheel, even if it is only for a split second, may cause the worst to happen," she added. (ANI)
World's 'dirtiest hotel' up for sale for $170 mln Apr 16, 5:21 pm
Melbourne, April 16 (ANI): The hotel which has been named world's dirtiest hotel three times is now up for sale at 170 million dollars.Full Story »
New report says most young women see sexual assault as normal Apr 16, 2:19 pm
Washington, Apr 16 (ANI): A new report suggests that many victims of sexual assault may not actually see themselves as victims.Full Story »
Lightning does strike twice! Apr 16, 1:22 pm
Washington, Apr 16 (ANI): A woman has penned a book detailing the horrifying incidents when she was struck by lightning, not once but twice.Full Story »
Mafia mobsters claimed to be more sensitive, family-centred than other criminals Apr 16, 1:22 pm
London, Apr 16 (ANI): A new study has found that members of the Mafia are more sensitive, family orientated and less selfish than other murderers.Full Story »
- Kids misbehave within ten minutes of spanking: Study
- World's best pizza comes from Australia, not Italy!
- How mothers help children differentiate between right and wrong
- US Airways tweets obscene pic in reply to 'disgruntled' passenger's complaint
- Woman raised 4,500 pounds on crowd sourcing website to pay for boob job
- Now, lingerie laced with pheromones to drive men crazy!
- 'Sip coffee to build rapport with boss'
- Meet the man who survived after falling off a 100ft cliff
- It's official! Women can modulate voice to make it sexier, men cannot
- Welcome to the gravity defying 'upside-down' house
TOP VIDEO STORIES