Men who are 'mamma's boys' may have better relationshipsMar 22, 12:00 pm
London, Mar 22 (ANI): Men have long been criticized for being mummy's boy but a new book has asserted that having a close mother-son relationship actually helps boys to have better relationships with others.Author Kate Stone Lombardi in her book 'The Mama's Boy Myth', insisted that the old stereotype that these men are weak and more likely to be gay is not true.In fact, mummy's boys have a 'broader definition of masculinity' that is of considerable benefit to their mental health.Lombardi made contact with more than 1,100 mothers over the Internet to know their experiences.The 55-year-old, who has a 23-year-old son and 26-year-old daughter, found that society fears a 'blindly adoring mother' putting endless praise on her son, the Daily Mail reported.She asserted that the widely accepted stereotype is that 'any boy close to his mom will be a sissy, a wimp, forever dependent and never a man who can have a healthy relationship'.Lombardi, who lives in Chappaqua, New York, also said that there was an 'unspoken fear' that if a mother was too great an influence, her son would turn out gay.These sons are also less prone to become repressed men who cannot talk about their feelings, less susceptible to peer pressure and more likely to postpone their first sexual experience.Another advantage is that mothers are better communicators."We don't know why - if it's specifically because of the nature of the mother-son communication," Lombardi said."But dads tend to have a big sex talk or big drug talk. Moms weave it into everyday conversation. It's more subtle and more often." "Sons really need their moms and the last thing they need is withdrawal of support," she added. (ANI)
Canadian ice climber becomes first to scale frozen Niagara Falls Jan 31, 12:59 pm
London, Jan 31 (ANI): A Canadian climber has made history by becoming the first person to scale icy walls of Niagara Falls.Full Story »
Meet the world's oldest sisters who have combined age of 386 Jan 31, 11:33 am
London, Jan. 31 (ANI): The world's oldest set of sisters have proved they are still young at heart as they celebrate reaching the landmark combined age of 386.Full Story »
Its official! Men take twice as many selfies as women Jan 30, 5:34 pm
London, Jan 30 (ANI): A new research has recently shown that men take twice more selfies and share them online as compared to women.Full Story »
British woman claims to have 'near death experiences' three times a month Jan 30, 5:34 pm
London, Jan 30 (ANI): A woman has claimed that she has experienced around hundreds of near death experiences in her lifetime.Full Story »
- Cops uncover cannabis factory in 'Downton Abbey' style mansion
- People over 70 also enjoy 'active sex lives'
- The more depressed, lonely you are, the more likely you are to binge-watch TV
- Just answer these two simple questions to determine if you're in love
- Blame internet, mobile and video games for linear increase in school failure among teenagers
- Why men think 'sex' when women just want to be 'friends'
- Best-ever video of UFO captured in skies above Argentina
- Heidi Klum cherishes 'being mother' more than any of her achievements
- The Lego effect: Blocks and puzzles do increase spatial skills in kids
- Shoot down end of marriage with Machine Guns Vegas' 'Just Divorced' package!
TOP VIDEO STORIES