Woman protesting against 'animal testing' agrees to be tortured in publicApr 25, 4:49 pm
Melbourne, Apr 25 (ANI): A 24-year-old woman, who seeks to bring an end to brutal animal testing for cosmetics, volunteered to put herself through the ordeal in full public view to highlight the abuses of the practice.Jacqueline Traide was dragged, tied prodded, force fed and subjected to all manner of cruelty in front of hundreds of shoppers, The Daily Mail reported.Traide tolerated ten hours of injections, being smothered in different lotions, having her hair shaved and irritants being squirted into her eyes as part of a world-wide campaign by Lush and The Humane Society International.The act took place in a Lush store window on London's Regent Street, one of the UK's busiest shopping precincts.Passers-by were shocked by the display, with many stopping to take photos and record the gruesome spectacle with their phones.The Humane Society asserted that the animals are routinely tested in this manner for make-up and perfumes . (ANI)
Ticket sales for female comedians' shows tripled in 2 yrs Oct 1, 4:24 pm
London, Oct 1 (ANI): Ticket sales for female comedians' shows have tripled in two years after Sarah Millican secured the top spot in the list of best-selling women in 2013, followed by Miranda Hart and Dawn French.Full Story »
Now, drink wine to hold back acne Oct 1, 12:32 pm
Washington, Oct 1 (ANI): A new study has found that an antioxidant called resveratrol found in wine and grapes, restrain the growth of acne bacteria.Full Story »
India not too happy a place for older people Oct 1, 12:20 pm
London, Oct 1 (ANI): An index of the quality of later life has placed India at the 69th position among the 96 countries, suggesting that India is not too happy a place for older people.Full Story »
Drunk men respond more to other people's smiles Oct 1, 12:20 pm
Washington, Oct 1 (ANI): A new has suggested that an alcoholic beverage makes men respond more to the smile of others their group.Full Story »
- Couple tips waiter 100 dollars for bad service on 66 dollar bill!
- Mumbai's Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus in world's most spectacular train stations list
- Need a discount in your restaurant bill? Walk in with a gun!
- Japan's latest reality TV show lets male fans date bikini-clad band
- Australian-Indian designer to showcase her collection at Wills India Fashion Week
- Social media offenders revealed in a new study
- Expressive suppression keeps negative thoughts at bay
- 9 ways to get divorced 'on good terms'
- Now, men can wear one-piece business suit called 'Suitsy'
- 2-month-old transforms into grown man
TOP VIDEO STORIES