$195m 'Tomorrow Never Dies' stealth ship put up for sale in scrap marketApr 28, 4:29 pm
Melbourne, Apr 28 (ANI): Sea Shadow, the ship that inspired the radar-evading vessel that was the base of evil media mogul Elliot Carver in the 007 film ' Tomorrow Never Dies', is expected to fetch a little more than 50,000 dollars in the scrap market .It used a swath hull design. Below the water are submerged twin hulls, each with a propeller, aft stabilizer, and inboard hydrofoil all of which allowed her to remain very stable in rough seas. Although it's likely to go for a bit more than 50K dollars, the Sea Shadow cost the US Defence Department - or more specifically, its research arm DARPA - a whopping 195-million-dollae to develop.That was back in 1984, but the world didn't see the Sea Shadow for nine years. That's because it was loaded with the type of stealth technology that made the US Air Force's F-35 Lightning II so famous."The ex-Sea Shadow shall be disposed of by completely dismantling and scrapping within the USA," News.com.au quoted the description on the sale item as reading."Dismantling is defined as reducing the property such as it has no value except for its basic material content," it said.Despite her sleek looks and staggering cost Sea Shadow only had 12 bunks on board, a microwave oven, a table and a fridge, which might all go some way to explaining why the Navy was untimely forced to sell her for scrap on auctions. (ANI)
India Kids Fashion Week all set to take Delhi by storm May 6, 2:30 pm
By Pallavi Aman SinghFull Story »
We're bad at judging who our friends are May 6, 10:48 am
Washington D.C, May 6 (ANI): Turns out, we are bad judges of friendship. A new study has found that most of the time, the bond is like a one-way street as only half of your friends consider you a friend in return.Full Story »
Many Brits don't count `sexting` as cheating May 2, 2:07 pm
London, May 2 (ANI): Apparently, over a third of Britons doesn't consider sending sexual texts and images to another person as "cheating," suggests a survey.Full Story »
Ladies, Women's Online Shopping Festival is here to pamper you May 2, 10:20 am
By Mehak SabharwalFull Story »
- Designer Karan Arora's 'Golden Lady' brings the inner 'I' out!
- 'First finger foods' for babies can be choking hazards
- IRW helps revive India`s rich textile heritage
- 'Tinder Social'- new surprise to the Tinder users
- `Low-fat, melt-in-your-mouth` chocolate comes closer to reality
- Scammers target sensitive hearts on dating sites
- Most men say things they don't really mean
- Does more 'love-making' make for happier relationships?
- In love, losers are 'winners', finders are 'weepers'
- Queen of Bahrain gifts Indian designer gold sovereigns for his royal collection
TOP VIDEO STORIES