Tintin comics' 1932 cover fetches record 1.3m euros at auctionJun 3, 4:05 pm
London, June 3 (ANI): A rare 1932 cover drawing of a Tintin comic book has been sold for a record 1.3 million euros at an auction in Paris.The ' Tintin in America' cover, hand-drawn by Belgian writer and illustrator Herge, broke the record - set by the same item in 2008, when it sold for 764,000 euros, the BBC reported.It shows the young adventurer Tintin, dressed as a cowboy and sitting with his dog, Snowy, as axe-wielding American Indians creep up on them.The Indian ink and gouache drawing work, which was bought by a private collector, is one of only five remaining such works by Herge - real name Georges Remi - who died in 1983. Only two of those are in private hands.The buyer is anonymous but he was represented at the auction by a friend identified only as Didier."If he'd have been able to get it for less I think he would have been happy," Didier said after the sale."The aim was not to beat a record; the aim was to obtain the work, before anything else... You don't come here to beat the world record, to spend money, that doesn't make any sense," he saidSaturday's sale was part of a rare larger sale of Tintin memorabilia, including draft sketches of Tintin and a copy of 'Explorers on the Moon', signed by the first men to walk on the Moon, Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin, and fellow astronaut Michael Collins. (ANI)
Couple gets married on 11/12/13 at 14.15 Dec 13, 2:42 pm
London, December 13 (ANI): A couple got married on 11/12/13, and signed the register at exactly 14.15, completing the sequence.Full Story »
Formula for perfect Christmas dinner revealed Dec 13, 2:18 pm
London, Dec. 13 (ANI): Scientists have come up with the formula for a perfect Christmas dinner.Full Story »
Meet the woman with 40-year-old foetus inside Dec 13, 12:43 pm
London, Dec. 13 (ANI): An 82-year-old Colombian woman, who was rushed to hospital after complaining of abdominal pains, was found to be carrying a 40-year-old foetus inside her.Full Story »
Adults outstrip teens in texting and using phones while driving Dec 13, 12:43 pm
Washington, December 13 (ANI): A new study has revealed that adults are more likely to text and use phones while driving than teens.Full Story »
- Meet the plastic surgeon who gives daughters botox, boob jobs
- Lone copy of Magna Carta in US displayed in new museum gallery
- Girls from single-sex schools feel pressurized to act like 'typical females'
- 48% Americans opposed to scrapping of ban on cellphone use in flights
- What the 'perfect female face' looks like revealed
- Now, 'print out' your dinner with new machine 'Foodini'
- Care for deep fried Ferrero Rochers for Christmas?
- Britain's 'horniest student' set to be disciplined by university
- Ho Ho Ho! Santa Claus receives 8 million letters per year
- Cocoa shortage could make chocolates extinct by 2020
TOP VIDEO STORIES