1-tonne doner kebab made from 7 cows breaks Guinness world recordJun 14, 1:18 pm
The kebab weighing in at an incredible 1,198kg and measuring 2.5m, had to be prepared by 10 cooks, the Daily Mail reported.
A Guinness official confirmed its place in the record books after measuring it when the kebab went on display in the Turkish capital of Ankara.
It smashed the previous record of 468kg that was held by a kebab in Dubai.
The cooks later cut the doner into pieces on a special scaffolding set up near the kebab to prepare sandwiches for the waiting spectators.
Doner kebabs is a traditional Turkish dish made up of roasted meat cooked on a vertical spit.
But before taking its more modern form, it started out as a horizontal stack of meat, as referred to in Ottoman travel books of the eighteenth century.
By the nineteenth century, the meat had been started to be cooked vertically and marinated with different spices.
- Now, perfume that helps you slim down
- Growth in human population could wipe out many species within 40 yrs
- Why first-year college girls are more likely to 'hook up'
- Injuries related to cellphone use while walking on the rise
- UK politician claims fathering love-child with alien mistress in UFO!
- Study explains why appetizers matter more when you're dining out with friends
- Geometry of seating arrangement influences consumers
- Florida man stripped naked, beaten and robbed at gunpoint during first date
- Kitten, 1,000-mile trip, three-week-old ,Julia Di Sieno
- World's first flying car up for sale for nearly $1M