1-tonne doner kebab made from 7 cows breaks Guinness world recordJun 14, 1:18 pm
The kebab weighing in at an incredible 1,198kg and measuring 2.5m, had to be prepared by 10 cooks, the Daily Mail reported.
A Guinness official confirmed its place in the record books after measuring it when the kebab went on display in the Turkish capital of Ankara.
It smashed the previous record of 468kg that was held by a kebab in Dubai.
The cooks later cut the doner into pieces on a special scaffolding set up near the kebab to prepare sandwiches for the waiting spectators.
Doner kebabs is a traditional Turkish dish made up of roasted meat cooked on a vertical spit.
But before taking its more modern form, it started out as a horizontal stack of meat, as referred to in Ottoman travel books of the eighteenth century.
By the nineteenth century, the meat had been started to be cooked vertically and marinated with different spices.
- Meet woman who knits from ball of wool shoved up in her vagina
- Rescue footage of man alive after 60 hours in sunken ship has emerged
- Worst types of people in restaurants revealed
- Fear of remaining single leads people to settle for less in relationships
- Archie Comics' co-CEO says 'white men aren't members of a protected class'
- German beer brewers want 'purity law' to be cultural treasure for humanity
- Meet the world's most arrested man who has been jailed 1267 times
- Skiing boosts overall happiness and well-being!
- Animal rights group file for chimps' 'fundamental rights'
- And the world's most popular booze is Soju from South Korea