Women amass 3,109 clothes and accessories over lifetimeJul 5, 12:59 pm
London, July 5 (ANI): The average woman buys 3,109 items over the years, including 271 pairs of shoes, 185 dresses and 145 bags, a new study has revealed
Despite spending 83,498 pounds on clothes in their lifetime, 60 percent of British women struggle to find something to wear for a night out, a new study has revealed.
The figures reveal that in a bid to follow ever-changing fashion trends the average female buys a wardrobe-busting 3,109 items.
Footwear is the most expensive item – costing 13,898 pounds on average in a lifetime.
Women also splurge 7,699 pounds on dresses, 5,420 pounds on bags and 5,905 pounds on jeans.
The research, commissioned by Sure Women, also revealed that 14 percent hide purchases from their partners and one in ten end up buying at least one item of clothing a week in their lunch break to wear after work.
It also revealed that 41 percent women re-apply make-up five times a day.
“Women never seem to have enough clothes. Many feel the pressure to keep up with ever-changing fashions and this means they’re always buying something new,” the Mirror quoted ‘Sure’ spokeswoman Julie Spearman as saying.
“Outfits may only be worn once or twice before they’re replaced. It’s incredible to think we spend so much on clothes, but it seems it’s a price we’re willing to pay to look good,” she added. (ANI)
- Chicago man crushes Ferris Wheel ride world record
- Do men behave better than women while traveling?
- Words that can kill marriages revealed
- Foreigners to outnumber Brits in London by 2031
- Tepees latest household craze in US
- Toddler who survived Saudi car crash found moving in body bag
- Dog sings along to fav Adele song
- Colourful socks trending among fashion loving men
- Who you should or shouldn't listen to when it comes to relationships
- Teens in relationship experience both sides of dating violence